Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#134041 01/29/01 03:33 PM
G
garfish Offline OP
OP Offline
G
fishermen or women.....i will be flats fishing for bone, tarpon and permit. i will be bringing SPINNING GEAR and need to know the specific lures, hook sizes, jig colors and sizes, leader types and weights, weight of snap swivels etc... any help will be greatly appreciated to allow me to come with "THE RIGHT STUFF" !!!

E
Edd Offline
E
If you're going to seriously fish for these three, you will need a guide and a long boat ride. You won't saunter out of your cabana and cast a bait for Permit and Tarpon. Bonefish, maybe!

G
garfish Offline OP
OP Offline
G
aren't there any people that have RECENTLY BEEN TO AC that could inform me of the lure they wish that they had or wished that they had brought 2 of, because their one and only broke off while fighting a hefty TARPON...kinda like the question someone else asked, "things i wished i packed in my suitcase" ONLY IN MY TACKLE BOX. and yes i do plan to get a guide too...

[This message has been edited by garfish (edited 02-06-2001).]

F
F
Hello
I went fishing in San Pedro last March and will be returning again this March.
If you would like to ask me any questions email me at [email protected]

Jason McIver
G
garfish Offline OP
OP Offline
G
THANKS FISHERMAC...STILL LOOKING FOR OTHERS WHO HAVE VISITED AND SPIN FISHED THE FLATS...WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE LURE ??

E
Edd Offline
E
Favorite lure will always be a Rattletrap. If it swims, a 1/2 oz.-3/4 oz. RT will catch it! 2nd choice would be a small white jig, also will catch anything. After that, in-line spinners (Mepps, etc) and mirrolures. Small lure + light line = sure thing!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 270 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.