Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#13412 11/27/00 12:50 PM
S
Sonya Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I am traveling to Belize in January for 2 weeks. We are very excited and anxious to explore a new area and want to make this a romantic getaway. We will be spending 5 nights in the jungle at 5 Sisters and planned on spending the remaining time in AC. However, we have been reading up on Placenia and have decided to fly down there 1st. Question? Would you recommend spending the entire week there and missing AC or should we spend 3/4 days in the South and our remaining 3 days in AC? Will we be missing alot if we pass on AC? Is 3/4 days in Placenia enough time? I am not a diver but my partner is. Also, in Placenia we are thinking of staying at the Green Parrot OR Turtle Inn. Any advise on these accomodations or others?
Thanks so much for all responses!!!!

#13413 11/27/00 05:14 PM
Personally I like both Placencia and Ambergris Caye, but it's a matter of personal choice. I'd probably say do both.

One difference is that San Pedro is a neat little town, and Ambergris Caye has quite a number of shops, restaurants, bars, etc. whereas the Placencia peninsula is more a string of small resorts on the beach with only two little villages (and one of them, Seine Bight, is of interest mostly to those interested in Garifuna culture).

FYI Turtle Inn has been bought by Francis Ford Coppola who also owns Blancaneaux Lodge in the Mountain Pine Ridge. Turtle Inn is reopening Dec. 15 with some upgrading as Blancaneaux's Turtle Inn.

Green Parrot, under new improved ownership, is fine, though a bit out of the way if you don't have a car.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#13414 11/28/00 06:04 PM
B
B
I do think you would miss a lot by skipping San Pedro Ambregris. I have not been to mainland yet [going on 12/24/00], but ac is a hub of activity including 'just beachin'it'. We stay at Caribe Island resort @ $140us for a studio. Do you want to boogie until 2? or at least have that option. plus [or is it a minus] the jerry jeff walker week is then. How do you feel about drunken texans? I love 'em. At least they'll be un armed.
"So, come away to Belze with me,
show you how simple life can be..."
Jerry Jeff

#13415 12/02/00 04:12 AM
S
S
Jerry Jeff,

I checked out the Caribe Island Resort and it looks great! I have a question, though. Is it likely that I might find a guide and a boat for hire to take my husband and I snorkeling? As I mentioned elsewhere on this BB, I need a boat that will be easy for me to get back into, and I'd hate to count on the group dive/snorkel boats to have that. Also I find that the tour boats don't provide enough water time for us. Would a guide and boat for hire be very pricey? I don't suppose that matters too much, though. You only live once!

#13416 12/02/00 12:00 PM
Earlier this year in San Pedro I arranged a boat with a "captain" for a day for US$150.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#13417 12/07/00 09:53 PM
D
D
Hustler's Eco-Tour in San Pedro has a catamaran just for snorkling. You shouldn't miss it!

#13418 12/22/00 09:28 PM
M
M
Come to San Pedro you'll have a great time. From Belize City you can take the ferry or a flight with Maya Island Air. If you need a hotel or book a flight we can help.

[email protected]

#13419 01/11/01 12:33 AM
Consider something different and visiting Corozal Town and staying at the Corozal Bay Inn.
We now have our swimming pool filled and ready for use, but are still working on the deck surrounding it.
All our rooms are full suites, 2 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, cable TV, private veranda with hammock and so on.
Please visit our web site at: www.corozalbayinn.com for more information.
Sincerely,
Doug & Maria Podzun
p.s. In about a month our new a/c restaurant and open-air poolside bar will be ready.

Doug & Maria Podzun

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 115 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.