Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#134526 03/01/01 03:01 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Is it true that there is no unleaded gas in Belize? Doesn't Belize get Pemex gas from Mexico? I am just asking because we would like to eventually drive to Belize in our Dodge Durango and we need unleaded which is no problem in Mexico. Do you still have to pay the high import tax even so you will take the truck back to the US after several month. Could you stay 10 month and keep the truck without paying import duty? Can you get a Dodge serviced by car repair places or car dealers in Belize?

#134527 03/02/01 05:01 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Does anyone have any info about my questions?
We would be parking the truck at a local mainland car rental company's secure car lot and pay them a fee for that service while we are on AC. Already found a place that would let us park.

#134528 03/02/01 11:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
jesse would probably know. his email is something like "investinbelize.com". it might be on the home page.

#134529 03/03/01 03:15 PM
Of course Belize has unleaded gas readily available country wide at all the service stations. Might check out Belize Forums where there just was a discusssion on importing vehicles and duty. Plenty of auto parts stores nationwide. Service in case of a major problem would probably be your chief concern. Belize does have a Ford, Suziki and Mitsubishi dealership but no Dodge as far as I know. Hope this helps

#134530 03/05/01 02:33 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thank you for the info! This is good news. I am not planing on importing our Durango. We would take it back to the US with us. Now I just need to find out how the leasing bank feels about us taking the truck to Belize for
a while. Yikes!

#134531 03/05/01 03:07 PM
M-chick,

Have you considered a time honored American tradtion? Don't tell 'em. Remember, most times it is far more desirable to ask for forgiveness then ask for permission.

I have watched this topic with a certain amount of interest, and still have the same question. Why?

#134532 03/05/01 08:43 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I have sure thought of not telling them but I have read that you have to present the title or in case of a lease a letter from the leasing bank at the boarder stating that you have approval to take the truck to Mexico/Belize. I know we can get an approval letter for trips to Baja Mexico but not sure about other parts of Mexico and Belize. Has anyone done this before?

#134533 03/05/01 08:52 PM
M
OP Offline
M
ChooChoo! To your question why. We are thinking about moving to Ambergris Caye but are in the checking into everything stage right now. We would be going back to California at least one month out of the year and have a dog and cat to transport. We think it would be better to drive and we like to have our own transportation since we would also like to spend some free time on the Belize mainland and the Mexican Caribbean area. Also we always have to have a car in California. Renting cars for long periods of time is very expensive. I checked into it. Right now we have not made any decisions but need to know what would be possible and what not. In June when we visit Belize again we will get a better idea how things would be for us moving there and either starting a small business or working for someone else etc. Any helpful tips would be welcome.

#134534 03/06/01 07:32 PM
M
M
Munichchick:

We have researched for over three years,
about moving our business,residing and put everything cataloged and binded. Let's see four binders,three video's, 7 + books, and a lots of printed e-mail material from many places and people.

We also considered the idea of driving down but after weighing the costs and all what's involved decided to just sell the van and use the money to get a vehicle there.
First,you might read Rick's web site: www.belizenorth.com
Rick is not in AC but gives some insite(I printed it out and then read,less time on the net) Start with that. Then you can go from there. By the way we are located in Califronia also and are moving in June. If we can be of any help.or have questions that we can answer. e-mail at
[email protected]
Good luck!

#134535 03/07/01 04:05 PM
M
OP Offline
M
MangoMonkey! Thank you. Any help is highly appreciated. I will e-mail you.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 318 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.