Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#134625 - 03/13/01 04:33 AM topless sunbathing
Anonymous
made ya look! no seriously this is moved from another thread:

munichchick
. posted 03-12-2001 03:54 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Is topless sunbathing okay on Ambergris Caye up north? Not around town of course. Tons of girls do it around Playa del Carmen and Tulum. As you know we Europeans like the almost no tan line look.
IP: Logged

Denny Shane
. posted 03-12-2001 06:06 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a topic I love to talk about... talk about... (get it, I said it twice) laugh.
This has always been a tuogh question to answer. Officially, the policy of the island is nope... but as I've told many people before, where there is a will there is a way. The further north you go, the more tolerant people are.

If you let me know when you are going and where you're staying I will be more than happy to fly down, kept guard and tell you if anyone is coming. laugh

#134626 - 03/13/01 04:36 AM Re: topless sunbathing
Anonymous
what denny says is true. there was a group of italians at ramon's when i was there. i think they sunbathed at every resort during their stay. we saw them a few times. EVERYBODY on the island knew about it soon enough. MY husband looked! you can do it, but you will get stared at alot. aren't we americans silly? (my top is too old for that kind of thing now, since my kids, anyway).

#134627 - 03/13/01 05:13 AM Re: topless sunbathing
denverdan Offline
LOL Jane
27? 2 kids?
Give that another...OH, (I don't want to share too much) at least 20 years and say your too old to show.
Trying to find where my knee caps are going as we speak let alone where this has gone. And nooooo south is not the answer.

#134628 - 03/13/01 05:30 AM Re: topless sunbathing
Anonymous
no, no, hope, i'm 37. and thirty seven will never be 27 again!!! wires and spandex for me, thanks!!

#134629 - 03/13/01 07:03 AM Re: topless sunbathing
denverdan Offline
Oh, Ok, 37....sorry Jane,
Dang, yep... you can't be 27 again, but boy I really would NOT mind the *37* body again! Those were the glorious years for me. Much better than 27 on a good day, especially now.
Those pics of yours though... Really want to use the B word but afraid Chloe, Debbie, Denny, Choochoo (sp) and all would really come down on me.
GRAND TO BE A YOUNG WHIPPER SNAPPER! BLINK, BLINK, BLINK.
Really....honestly... Love and a BLINK!

#134630 - 03/13/01 11:45 AM Re: topless sunbathing
Denny Shane Offline
Come on guys.... I have found women are their own worst critics. What they think are old and useless many guys appreciate to no end. Personally, I think females really do age with beauty. Their bodies become more inviting, and I have to go take a shower again. laugh

#134631 - 03/13/01 02:39 PM Re: topless sunbathing
Axeman Offline
Denny, after watching you post on here several times I suggest the following to reduce your already High water bill.....
Use an Ice pack....longer lasting results...reduces swelling of all types...
Hope this helps ya...

#134632 - 03/13/01 04:06 PM Re: topless sunbathing
Sandshaker Offline
*shaking head*.....Jane you started all this......you just wanted people to talk about your pictures again....right?......LOL

Yes....women do sunbathe topless here from time to time. It's true European culture is not as skiddish about this activity as U.S. residents are. Not saying it's a bad thing....just a difference in the way we were all raised.

Wouldn't mind finding a secluded spot myself to tan my boobs.....LOL.....but it ain't Ramon's....and I have to live here.....LOL
Sorry....my modesty won't allow that.

We should also remember that while we are grown adults and can chose to go topless or not.....there are FAMILIES here with children and we should try to respect their comfort zones as well. It's just courtesy.

This is not Mexico or the French Riviera and most Belizeans do not even wear swimsuits.
They swim in shorts and a top. They are very modest people when it comes to swimming in public.

So...if you must go topless....just remember....you probably will get stared at and some people may find it difficult to fully enjoy their beach time with their kids.

Happy sunbathing!

#134633 - 03/13/01 05:07 PM Re: topless sunbathing
Debbie Offline
Oh Denny!!! You are truly a wonderful man. A man who thinks women get better with age.... like a fine violin or a bottle of wine...... Ah. How refreshing to hear of a man who enjoys the beauty of age. You get the "he man" award medal for the day!!!!! Hats off to you. You made my whole day!! I'm now walking proud with my "useless baggage" displayed out front, back straight and chin up!!!
Debbie

#134634 - 03/13/01 05:44 PM Re: topless sunbathing
dphil56 Offline
I said it before, and I'll say it again: Jane, you are a hottie by anyone's standards. I am 45 and my girlfriend is 43 with 3 grown kids she raised herself. Every wrinkle and stretch mark represents each one of those wonderful kids, and the years behind getting them grown. There is NOTHING sexier or more desirable in my book! Prettiest woman in San Pedro, when we were there!!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Pokey, 1 invisible), 46 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,027 Topics
462,224 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.