Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#134885 - 03/23/01 06:51 PM Ruby's Hotel??
Quin Offline
Planning a month in Belize and don't want to spend a lot for hotels. Would like to get opinions on Ruby's and other budget hotels. Also need good deals on dive/river/cave trips.

#134886 - 03/24/01 06:15 AM Re: Ruby's Hotel??
frantzrickcheri@email.msn Offline
Hey Quin--
Rubies is good.. Get a Beachfront view, It should cost around 65-75 a night, but well worth it, we stayed there a couple of years ago and it was great...We stay at the Holiday now...right next door.. We like the bar there and the people and the resturant, which Rubies does not have... Stay there its in the middle of town and very convinent... Thanks, Rick

#134887 - 03/24/01 04:03 PM Re: Ruby's Hotel??
andapanda Offline
When you stay "in town" rather than out, is it noisy at nite? I have trouble sleeping..

#134888 - 03/27/01 11:14 AM Re: Ruby's Hotel??
rubicon Offline
Rubies is great and a bargin. We stayed beach front with ac for $40+ per night. However if you are staying a month expecially in low season many places will be willing to negotiate. Talk to several places but get beach front if possible.

#134889 - 03/28/01 12:34 PM Re: Ruby's Hotel??
Quin Offline
Thanks for the helpful info. Since I will be there a month, I need to keep the price at or below $30 so by nagotiating, do you mean I should just show up and go to the different places or try to do it online?

Rubicon, I see your an eventure guide. Do you have any recomendations on cave/river runs or anything else? This will be my first trip to Belize, and don't want to miss out because I'm a newby to the area.

#134890 - 03/31/01 07:05 PM Re: Ruby's Hotel??
rubicon Offline
Hi Quin,

Go to my webpage and click on "world class dive destinations, the first is rafting, diving and sea kayaking in belize. You can also see he Amergris Caye trip report. I stayed in AC rehabing from a knee surgery. Call and talk to different folks at all the resorts, everyone will negotiate, especially during low season.

#134891 - 04/02/01 02:10 PM Re: Ruby's Hotel??
Quin Offline
Thanks for the info Bill. Tried to email Bottom time Divers via your link (bottomtime@blt.net) and got it returned. Does anyone know the current email/method to contact Bottom Time Divers??

#134892 - 04/04/01 12:32 AM Re: Ruby's Hotel??
rubicon Offline

don't know why, they may have a new email. or btl may be down. contact them when you get there. they are 100 feet from rubies.

#134893 - 04/04/01 12:13 PM Re: Ruby's Hotel??
AC Beach Bum Offline

I just returned this past Sunday and stayed at Rubies for 8 nights. I would definitely reccommed staying there, especially if you are on a budget. I paid 17US for a small single on the street side. I know others have suggested you pay more and get a beachfront view but I don't really think that's essential-especially if you are not very fussy.

Yes, there is a lot of noise but I kind of grew to enjoy my morning wakeup call of locals chatting outside. ALso, I was asleep before my head hit the pillow so I didn't hear the night time noise. I was also coming in at 3 and 4 in the morning too, so maybe that's why it never bothered me. I got by on 3 hours of sleep a night usually but didn't seem to notice until the past couple of days- UGH!!

THere were fresh towels and sheets every day!! where else could yo uget that for so cheap!! the staff is very nice and the people staying at rubies were the coolest people i met- they are a different kind of traveler. some people could have so easily afforded other places to stay but enjoyed the ruby's experience. go with rubies and you will not regret it. oh, and the view from the deck!!!! also, searious tours is right out front and runs the best day trips. their guides are awesome. they even come pull your hungover butt out of bed when you have an early departure.

the shower is not the best, there is no ac, no tv and sometimes little critters crawl about but i loved it!!

#134894 - 04/11/01 11:04 AM Re: Ruby's Hotel??
rubicon Offline

for cave stuff (tubing, exploring adventure)
check out Ian Andersons Cave Branch. Any (belize)travel agent can get you hooked up with cave branch lodge or email me directly. they have budget lodging and camping available. bill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.