Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#135530 04/16/01 03:37 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hello everyone! My first time on the board was toward the end of last week. First off, I want so send a great big 'thanks' out to all of you who have chatted with me so far. Looking forward to future ones as well.

I'm going back to AC this June. My first time was a couple years ago over thanksgiving. 34 days just wasn't enough. Took me this long to get back. For those of you who have helped me out these past few days...I hope you don't think I'm one of those every-vacation-has-to-be-perfectly-planned-out people. Yuck! I'm all over that "no shirt, no shoes, no problem" philosophy! I'm just really excited about going back and all the new info I'm getting. Wanted to make sure AC hadn't changed either! NOT! Good thing. It's the beauty of the place and people that made me want to go back. I LOVE PEOPLE! Can never meet enough of 'em!

I know that Debbie's suppose to be there beginning of June (exactly when, Debbie?). Anyone else? I'd love to meet you guys! I'm there from 6/2 to 6/10. The more, the merrier!

I do have a couple questions, though:

1. What's a "one barrel"?
2. What's this nectar I've heard about?
3. What's the show at Barefoot Iguana I've heard about?
4. What the heck is the Chicken Drop (?) at Pier Lounge?

Anyway, thanks again! Hope to be chatting with all of you! I know, I know....a trip report is the payment for all this wonderful free socializing and advice. I've been given the "what's what". Later, Message Board Dudes!

Sharon

P.S. "Belize-it" (See? I'm a quick learner!)

#135531 04/16/01 03:52 PM
D
D
Sharon....
i'd suggest using the search button on here for your list of questions, mostly cuz of the great posts that have already been posted on these subjects!!! you get alotta great insight (and laughs) this way!!!
diann

#135532 04/16/01 04:10 PM
P
P
Sharon, I just got word back from Bob at 7 Seas and he said he got your email, so you should be hearing back real soon if you haven't already.
I am not sure which show you are talking about at Barefoot Iguanas. They have Mud Wrestling there which my friend and I so badly wanted to do but we were there the wrong night. If you have time to read, I have a very funny story about that night. My friend, Karin, and I got there about midnight, and found out it was a bikini contest instead of mud wrestling. Well, we weren't really into doing a bikini contest but then we found out you had to make your own bikini. They supplied coconuts, palm leaves, condoms, duct tape, flowers, all the things nature has to offer to make a bikini from. Well, being the artistic fools we are, we decided we wouldn't be in the contest but would be happy to help dress everyone who wanted to be in it. We found 6 girls insane (or drunk) enough to do it and upstairs we went to get our job done. We were in a room with glass windows, and these 6 girls stripped down to nothing and let Karin and I dress them from head to toe (or was that boobs to waist) with the materials provided. It was too funny. All these guys were standing outside the windows looking in and the girls could have cared less. After we got them all done, we decided it should be an Adam and Eve contest and we recruited 6 insane (or drunk) guys to be Adam. Once again into the room we went and those guys got butt naked for us so fast. They were so funny and looked great by the time we were done. Who knew all the uses of coconut shells. Well, we were famous after that night. Everywhere we went, people would say, "aren't you the two girls that got those people dressed at Barefoot Iguanas?" It was a blast and not something this mom of 4 normally gets to do. Only in Belize I suppose. So there you have it. You come back with a story for me okay?
Punta Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#135533 04/16/01 04:21 PM
S
OP Offline
S
PRG, Interesting! Sounds like something I'd do (the dressing or being dressed!) Maybe it was the mud wrestling that someone was referring to on another post. I'm sure I'll have a story or two for you. I usually get myself into some kind of trouble everywhere I go. By the way, Bob did get back with me. Thanks bunches!

#135534 04/16/01 04:38 PM
B
B
One Barrell is the local rum--i stuck to Belikins

Are you confusing Barefoot Skinny with the Barefoot Iguana? Barefoot Skinny is a local hero [Ex-Pat Ithink] who plays guitar and entertains around the island--Fido's and the Palapa, etc. Barefoot Iguaa is a disco off the beach that is also fun on busy night.

#135535 04/16/01 04:44 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Frank, I probably was confusing them. I've been reading so much info lately! Thanks!

#135536 04/16/01 08:04 PM
D
D
I usualy MC the mud wrestleing at the Barefoot Iguana. It is quite a sight. All in fun mind you. Barrington refs, although we had a tourist do it last Friday. They drug Barrington into the pit as well. I was dying laughing. The owners there, Debbie and Robin are very cool people. For a pretty wild disco they keep it under control. Go and dance but come late. Nothing happens until about 11pm.

#135537 04/17/01 01:02 AM
D
D
ok.. proby a stoopid question, but.. is AC like vegas?? an all niter town?? can ya go all nite or does it close down early like boring brrland.. CO?

#135538 04/17/01 10:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
oh ha ha ha ha, diann. AC cannot be compared to vegas!! i can't think of anyplace more opposite!!!

however, i am not a late nite partier, and do not have an answer to that.

#135539 04/17/01 10:36 AM
Hey, diann...with your showgirl talent and my amazing coconut tricks, we're a sure bet to win the prize!!!
and hey, everyone's used to your questions by now...I'm just surprised you didn't mention seagrass!!!!
SEAGRASS!!! Another prop for the bikini contest! (I gotta write this down...)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 372 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.