Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
acasta Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I read this board from time to time because I bought a timeshare week at Basil Jones. Posts have been popping up now and then about timesharing, so I thought I would invite anyone who is interested to the Timeshare Users Group. The website contains a lot of advice on timesharing, plus a message board which operates in the same format as this one does. TUG contains all the information you would ever need to learn how to make the most of your timeshare and RCI membership.

Joining TUG costs $15/year, but reading many of the articles and posting on the message board is free. Some of the really good information is members-only. It's well worth $15.

Hope to see some of you there!
http://www.tug1.net

FYI, in addition to Basil Jones, I own six other timeshares, both RCI and II-affliated. The people who end up being disappointed with their timeshare purchases are the people who never learn how to use the system to get what they want.

You are right....TUG is a good site.
I got my calendar from them....LOL

Thanks for the suggestion. [Linked Image]

M
M
That is so true! Besides Basil Jones we own a II timeshare in California and had it for 8 years. We always got great exchanges out of it. If you know the system and learn how it works timeshares are great. Unless of course you buy a real bad quality one. I also used to work for Trading Places a smaller exchange and resort property managemant company and there are many happy owners I used to work with. There are some bad timeshares but there are many very good once as well. Basically if you never use your timeshare week it is not a good deal for you but if you use it or exchange every year it is a great deal. If you travel a lot like we do it works and it is great for families because of the usually larger accomondations and kitchens etc. Do you own any timeshares along the Riviera Maya (not Cancun)? Maybe we could do a privat trade some day.

A
acasta Offline OP
OP Offline
A
No, I don't own anything in Mexico. We vacationed on the Riviera Maya a couple of years ago and I was tempted, though. It's a wonderful area. I hope it is not getting too overdeveloped like Cancun.

The other ones I own are in South Africa, Colorado, London, Italy, Ireland, and Cape Cod. Kind of a strange mix, but we love to travel!

Belize is just about impossible to trade into through RCI. By logic, that should make Basil Jones a fantastic trader itself.

Our first trip to BJ is the first week of December 2001. Munichchick, when are you going?

I love your name, by the way. My sister and brother in law live in Munich. What a lovely city.

Susan

M
M
Hi Susan! We will be at Basil for opening week June 9th. I am from Munich and my parents still live there.

D
D
It just seems incredibly stupid to buy into a time share scheme. Why do that? Is it smoke and mirrors?

That's a little harsh isn't it Dwayne? It may not be right for you but there are others that like the idea and have good reasons for having made their decision. Perhaps you could tell us (with a little less vitriol) why you don't think it is the best idea.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

There is always somebody that has to be negative....LOL...never fails!!!

Last time I checked....the general public has a right to vacation how they please and spend their money the way THEY see fit....without being called stupid!

What doesn't work for you....seems to be very enjoyable to millions of others....according to the statistics.

Very narrow minded of you Dwayne....we don't tell you what to do with your money....and since I don't know you....I can't say whether you are stupid or not.
That is such a simple word anyway.

[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 04-28-2001).]

A
acasta Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Dwayne, I probably won't change your mind because it seems you've already made it up. But for me and my family, timeshare ownership has been incredibly rewarding, fun, and allows us to vacation in wonderful places in quality accommodations for less than it costs to stay at a Motel 6 for a week.

And I'm factoring in the cost of the initial purchase along with the yearly maintenance fee.

If you buy your timeshare wisely, you cannot loose financially. You can recoup your cost in a single vacation, compared to renting a comparable place.

There are, however, plenty of people who have not bought wisely, and a lot of them are unhappy. Perhaps you know someone who falls into that category.

B
B
Couldn't have put it better myself - thank you!!

As with purchasing any item it is all about purchasing at the right price -

Much as I personally like the concept of timeshare, I don't believe in paying the ridiculous prices that some Resorts are asking i.e $17,000 for a timeshare that will actually give you the same trading power that you could actually buy for one third of the price. The ability to trade to other resorts worldwide is a huge incentive behind the majority of most purchases.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.