Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Were would you go if you had only three or four beach days in Belize? Also does anyone know how long it takes to drive from Cayo to Placencia?

christab
M
M
Both very different. San Pedro/Ambergris is more socially active with a larger selection of hotels, restaurants/bars and people. The reef is a mile from most hotel docks and you can do 2.5 hrs snorkel trips starting at 20.00pp and one tank dives. Also good location to accesss the Blue Hole and Turneffe atolls.

Plaecncia is more laid back and has smaller more intimaet beachfront inns. Diving and snorkeling are fullday trips, starting at 45.00 and 67.00pp for two tank dive.

Drive from Cayo to Placencia should be around 3.5 hrs, give or take for stops and road conditions. By bus, much longer, lots of stops along the way.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Maya Travel Services
B
B
If I wanted a secluded "turnkey" vacation with a really nice beach and some diversions, I would go to Singing Sands in Maya Beach north of Placencia. Everything you would want to do is accessible. there is not a long wide beach to speak of; narrow beach with nicely maintained plots where the resorts are.

If i wanted to blow the roof off tha sucka, I would go to San Pedro. Same deal on the beaches. The snorkling and diving is easier to do there.

F
F
We have stayed in both places and prefer Ambergris caye, more to do. Placencia is very, very laid back, have to make reservations to eat at the resorts and have a full meal plan... It's just a little too laid back for us.. But the beaches are great!! Ambergris you have the reef right there and the snorkling and fishing are great and only minutes away, plus you also have Caye Caulker right next door.. Your choice...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.