Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#135843 04/29/01 11:25 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Hi everyone, I'm taking my first trip to AC
this June and I'd appreciate any recommendations for Diving Outfitters in San Pedro.Its my understanding that although the
rainy season is in June,that there would still be plenty of sunshine.Thats important to me because we only have two seasons in Seattle,the rainy season and the 4th. of July.Hope to hear from you,I"m a thank'n ya.

#135844 04/30/01 08:53 AM
The Following shops had great looking boats and had good reviews from the other divers I talked to:
1. Gaz Cooper...met Andy..a DM..Great guy...Good Shop.
2.Coral Reef...George was my DM the entire inshore time..OUTSTANDING DM...Boats are smaller but good shape.
3.Barefoot Watersports..Highly spoken of.
4. Aqua Divers...had the biggest and Baddest boats there...wanted to dive with them but never had time.
5. Amigo Del Mar..heard mixed reviews..some were overjoyed, 2 divers I talked to had major safety issues...close to getting bent..so "they" said...I find it hard to believe that any dive shop on AC would risk anyone's safety..they dive the same spots day after day..so take that their report with a grain of salt.
Almost all the shops I looked at had happy people comeing of their boats..so I doubt you could go wrong with any of them...I suggest you get down there and look around...don't prebook as you'll spend more.
One of the Major Brokers for Dives is Blue Hole Dive Shop...they don't have boats of their own but know everyone's boat load and can get you a dive between 8:30-9am EVERY day.
Hope this Helps...I miss the water so much already....
Mark

Life May Be a Beach...I prefer Reefs...

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 338 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.