Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#136115 05/16/01 11:22 AM
T
Tori Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I stumbled on this site looking for general info on Belize. I am less in the dark about my first trip to Belize after reading all these great tips, thanks!! Now I know some spots to eat, some things to do and not do. But before I even get there, I am stumped in my effort to find out about immunizations. Do I need any? (My darn doctors office won't return my messages) How about when we hop down to Guatemala? A visa is for people planning to stay a long time (work, school, etc) right? I'm very nervous, but you people are helping me feel a little less like I am heading for disaster and a little more like this should be fun!

#136116 05/16/01 11:46 AM
P
P
Tori, I can only speak for myself, but I did not get any immunizations before going to Belize nor did I take any special precautions. I ate what I wanted, drank the water I was given without asking if it was bottled or not and never had any problems. I can even eat the fried food there without problems, which I can't do here in the states. Maybe it was just the oh so relaxe atmosphere that my stomach had no nerves to deal with, or it may be the type of oil they use, whatever, I ate more fried chicken in 8 days then I have in the past 8 years in the states. EVERYONE is different, so if you have a sensitive stomach, are at a health risk, or have any special problems that may make it more advantageous for you to have some boosters before you go then I would do it. Maybe a Tetnaus shot booster. I went barefoot everywhere, and I mean everywhere, and there are some nails and such on the streets from the rebuilding that they are doing, so watch where you walk, and pick up any glass or nails you see and throw them away. You could also do a search for past posts about immunizations. Someone asked not too long ago about this, and some people had some different ideas. You may find it helpful to read those too.
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#136117 05/16/01 12:24 PM
If you are just going to be on AC for a week and a trip into the interior, you really don't need any shots. However, if you are going for an extended stay, then I would look into them. Better safe than sorry...

#136118 05/16/01 02:25 PM
Punta Rebel Girl, I sure was glad to see your advice regarding picking up the odd nails and glass that we encounter and putting it in the garbage. I believe that if we all did that when we are down there, it wouldn't take long and SP would be all cleaned up and back to almost totally barefoot safe.

It took me quite awhile to get anywhere though cuz I was always bent over and had a handful of nails and broken glass. Whatever, I wasn't in any hurry. :^)

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#136119 05/16/01 03:03 PM
P
P
We all have to do our little part to keep paradise a paradise right? Small way to give back all that they give me. [Linked Image]
Do you think they would give me a job there as official nail and glass picker-upper? [Linked Image]That would be great!!!!
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#136120 05/16/01 03:18 PM
A
A
Yes Punta, I believe you have found a valuable job that would easily guarentee you citizenship.

Now, I'm sure some of the men here have some creative ideas about what your work uniform would be.

#136121 05/16/01 03:36 PM
P
P
Okay, let's here some ideas for the uniform. But remember, I can only do this job if a Belizean does not apply for the job after 3 weeks or so of it being advertised. So you better make that uniform something only a crazy girl from the states, desperate to live in SP would wear, but won't get arrested for. Hahaha. [Linked Image]
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#136122 05/16/01 03:42 PM
You could do the two coconuts thing, punta. Or even a couple of conch shells, you could also walk around with a camera around your neck, no local would do that. Also, wear big tall black leather boots to your knees, didn't see any women there with those on.

#136123 05/16/01 03:51 PM
P
P
Big, tall, black leather boots would be a little hot, ruin my tan, and make it difficult to walk in sand. Now, I could go back to Barefoot Iguanas and see if they have any shells and string left from the Bikini contests and a few palm leaves. I am sure I didn't meet anyone in SP who lives there and is from there, that would be stupid enough to dress like that, only a desperate girl from the states would do that. Where do I apply for my work visa?
Punta Rebel Girl

Debbie, the Punta Girl
#136124 05/16/01 03:52 PM
You two are so funny!! The visuals I get on these uniforms are hysterical..... I say get a giant magnet or a metal detector and a hard hat. Look somewhat "official", but of course a thong and some steel toe boots would be good too. You could look like the girl on Tool Time!! LOL
Debbie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 139 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,202
Posts500,026
Members20,466
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.