Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#136141 - 05/17/01 04:18 PM Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
B_b_f_b Offline
I was sitting in a coffee shop last night and I was doing some thinking. I was dead before I went to San Pedro. I swear it. Before I left for San Pedro, I worked every night til midnight. For those of you who work a lot you may know what I'm talking about. Just going through the day not even remembering what you did or why you did it.

When I came back I still smelled tortillas, beans and rice and chicken barbequing. I felt a sea breeze cooling my face and a warm sun kissing my shoulders. I didn't have this before and now I still smell these same smells here in Chicago. I still hear children playing and people smiling. I feel sand between my toes and I feel young. I see big birds overhead and I see dogs running alongside my golfcart. I feel like dancing in the streets when I am in San Pedro. I feel like talking to everyone and I do because I am alive and that's what you should do. San Pedro makes you want to see the good in everyone (at least for me). In San Pedro I give Paisano a ride everytime I can because he makes me laugh and laughing is something we all should do more of. In San Pedro I wear my hair wild and kinky and don't care what people think. I smile and flirt and dance and wink because I am alive and I can. For those of you who I met in San Pedro, thank you for contributing to my life, to those of you who I didn't meet, take my word and get your butt there.

Thank you San Pedro for giving me back a little life. That's all. To those of you who have not been to San Pedro, you need to go to experience what I am talking about. To those of you who have been, you know what I am talking about.

#136142 - 05/17/01 04:31 PM Re: Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
Anonymous
here, here (raising my glass)!

#136143 - 05/17/01 05:13 PM Re: Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
Punta Rebel Girl Offline
Oh Becky, you brought tears to my eyes. All that you said is so true. San Pedro make a huge impact on my life and what I find important and has made me rethink many things. I look at everyone's pictures that they post from their trips, and I can't help but smile and let out a big sigh. But then it also makes me so sad, because I so desperately want to be back there. That island does bring out the best in everyone it touches, I do believe, and bringing home that magic and sharing with others is the best that we can do. If only everyone could go there, and see how life is suppose to be and how everyone is suppose to treat everyone, what a great place our home would be too. But this board helps keep the magic alive, and the good feelings real and fresh. Let's hope we never forget how to treat each other, and how to enjoy every moment of everyday and all life has to offer us.
Punta Rebel Girl

#136144 - 05/17/01 05:16 PM Re: Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
B_b_f_b Offline
You said it sister. Thank you for understanding and knowing where I'm coming from. San Pedro is a place I will never forget. Actually, I am working on getting back there in July - I think Rickcheri and AC Beach Bum will be there so hopefully me too. I will post pictures of my trip soon!

#136145 - 05/17/01 05:48 PM Re: Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
lmarquis Offline
I feel exactly the same way as Becky. What a place. The people, the food, everything was absolutely the best. It is a vacation I will never forget and I am still laughing and smiling!

Laurie

#136146 - 05/17/01 05:51 PM Re: Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
SCUBAHOOTERS Offline
To Becky, Punta and all the rest. I first stumbled into paradise some 20+ years ago and experienced just what you described. It kept bringing me back year after year. Soon my wife and I will be staying in the house we built year round as we retire. Truely, it is more than the place, it is the people of San Pedro that make it special. After reading so many negative threads lately it was great to finally read something from someone who understood what the total experience is about.

#136147 - 05/17/01 06:04 PM Re: Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
B_b_f_b Offline
Hey Scubahooters, I met a lot of people who had retired down there (expats) and they loved it. I wish you well in your new life and maybe I'll see you down there. For you and your wife to have chosen San Pedro, you must be special people. I think a lot of people can go down to San Pedro and see it for its beautiful land and diving, but to truly appreciate and understand the beauty of the people and the culture that exists, takes a special kind of person. Good luck and if I meet you, the belikens are on me.

#136148 - 05/17/01 06:09 PM Re: Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
Bobber Offline
Y'know, ya got a good job, luxuries, some security, shiny car, good lifestyle overall. Along the line you find something's missing in the whole scheme of things. We're finding out where that missing thing can be found for a lot of us. Maybe it's not something they have that we don't, maybe it's that they don't have what we have, and we might be better off if we didn't have whatever that is? Makes my head hurt wondering, wish I had a Belikin.

#136149 - 05/17/01 06:12 PM Re: Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
B_b_f_b Offline
As janinpa said, here, here!!!!

#136150 - 05/17/01 06:45 PM Re: Thank you San Pedro - I am really alive!!!!
munichchick Offline
Scubahooter! We can't wait to be island neighbors and hang out with you guys. You two sure don't look like retired people.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 58 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.