Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
OP Offline
P
Got back from AC three days ago. I had booked a reservation at the Avalon Reef (aka Casa Caribe) but when I arrived the place was so bad and the staff so rude that I walked back out to the dock and waited for the water taxi to take me somewhere else. The resort manager wouldn't even come out of his office to talk to me about it! To add insult to injury, they even charged my credit card for the entire stay (I am an attorney and will be filing suit if the charges are not removed by next week). The water taxi driver informed me that he had picked another couple up there a few days before who had the exact same problem. BEWARE OF THIS RESORT!!!

On a good note, I ended up at the Journey's End Resort that was absolutely phenomenal. The managers, staff, and my stay there were flawless and made my vacation spectacular despite the crap that I had to put up with from the Avalon Reef bozos.

Also, Caliente (not formal) in San Pedro and Rendez-Vous (more upscale) next to the Journey's End are excellent restaurants if you are looking for a nice place to eat.

Pictures of my woderful vacation can be viewed at:
http://www.patrickfletcher.com/belize/belizemr.html

SoSo very sorry for you first visit, it's not supposed to be that way... WE have never stayed there... I hope the rest of your trip was GREAT!!!.. Did you book this thru a travel agency, and if so let us know who so we can avoid this kind of problem... Casa Caribe used to be nice, but with new owners who knows.... Don't let this impead your expectations of the island.. It is Great.... Thanks, Rick

Thanks for the GREAT Pics... IT just reminds us what we have lookin for when we go back... Thanks again, Rick

T
T
Patrick, Your pictures are wonderful!What kind of camera did you use for your underwater shots? Hubby and I are headed out June 23, that's only three weeks now, wahooooooo!

P
OP Offline
P
FYI ... the pictures were all taken with my new digital camera. I used a Sony DSC-P1 3.34 megapixel digital camera (US$659.00) and the MPK-P1 Marine Pack (US$189.00) that is rated to 30 meters. The actual picture files are much larger and have much better color, but I shrunk them down to 640 x 480 and used a medium jpeg compression to make them smaller for the web page.

K
K
Wow ! great pictures...I hope you dont mind if I bookmark your website in my system !

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
they are of very good quality. i just used the solo shark photo as my new pc wallpaper! thanks!

B
B
Hey Patrick - Great pix. Makes me wish I was there now! 3 weeks!! Yay!!!

S
S
Patrick, we also visited the island recently and are having a similar problem with a hotel. Would like to talk to you about it if you could spare the time. Any way we can trade e-mail outside this forum?
You photos are terrific!

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 153 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,028
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.