Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
Does anyone have any info on bringing fresh steaks to the island to have a cook out.... Please let me know... Thanks, Rick

K
K
We've found if it has the USDA label on it and you declare, there's no problem. I bring them in frozen in those big freezer bags you can buy at Costco or Sams, then in a small cooler. Remember you can't put any ice in the cooler. (airline rules)

K
K
It's me again, Sorry I didn't mean USDA, its the US grade.

Rick, I just came & left SP from the Chetumal/Corazol Entry (customs). They did inquire if I was carrying any fruits, vegtables or meats with me. Although they did not make a baggage search. I would say it would be very chancy by land. I have froze them, wrapped them in towels & carried them other places. But with the Mad Cow stuff going around they maybe stricter at the Entry Ports. I guess you could try it but the Customs Official maybe enjoying your Texas Steaks at his house that night! Being from Texas myself I can certainly understand how you might miss a good Ribeye or T-Bone from Texas. Bigger & Better! Sammy

Kathyw,you can not put a Texas sized steak in a small cooler!!!

OP Offline
Thanks guys.. you all been alot of help.. We'll see you all soon on the island.... Rick

Somewhere on the board around the beginning of Feb this year, there was a posting saying that you could get a permit to import the beef. You fax your list to the gov't & there will be a permit waiting (or they send it to you) and then all you do is pay the fee (which was quite cheap). It does have to be USA approved, etc. I suggest you do a search.

Too funny about the Texas side steak not fitting in the small cooler. LOL

My friend Sharleen is known to everyone (including the dogs) as "the meat lady" after her experience bringing in meat (fr Canada) on her first trip to SP. Nerve racking experience for her being taken in to the interagation room but funny later. We had lots of laughs over it. AND did enjoy the meat.
Cheers Gail

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
yes gail, i remember too. it was from chunky ruth and choochoo. they covered all bases on that post. hey r & c, search it!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.