Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#136770 - 06/15/01 05:58 PM Bands
Mamalikestogo Offline
Will we find any live music June 21 - 28th? If so what kind and where? Are their any over 50 rock-n-roll types that jam on the island?

#136771 - 06/15/01 07:05 PM Re: Bands
margarita Offline
You should be able to find live music during your stay since San Pedro day festivities should be going on, see under holidays AC hompage. Usually bands play in Town Park for Festivals, also always local music too.
There are someover 50 rock-n-roll types that now live in San Pedro. I bet you would enjoy a stop at Estel's Dine by the Sea. Charlie has an awesome recording collection and loves to share his music knowledge. He played in a band when he first moved there.

Belize it!

#136772 - 06/15/01 07:21 PM Re: Bands
Mamalikestogo Offline
Thanks! We'll check it out. My husband is a wonderful guitarist, and I'm afraid he'll go into withdrawals.

Anybody need grits so such from the South?

#136773 - 06/15/01 07:27 PM Re: Bands
margarita Offline
You can get your grits in San Pedro!

#136774 - 06/15/01 07:45 PM Re: Bands
CHOOCHOO Offline
For certain stop by and see Charlie Worthington at Estels. He was the drummer for a rock-n-roll cover style band that toured the southern US in the 70's. Still has his drums in San Pedro, and, as mentioned before, one of the largest collections of recorded music in BZ.

Also catch up with Barefoot. Sometimes on their Sunday sessions at the Palapa they will invite reasonably talented tourists to pitch in.

#136775 - 06/16/01 12:26 AM Re: Bands
Mamalikestogo Offline
That is really neat about Charlie. Russ also toured the South (and East Coast) in the 70's doing same stuff. Thanks for the input.

#136776 - 06/16/01 02:25 PM Re: Bands
Richard Chambers Offline
Be prepared for a "looooong" visit when you see charlie!In fact i suggest you get there early in the day!......Richard
Oh, and by the way, if there is any way you can swing it you must do his "office" adventure. We wore out the restaurant help refilling the fridge upstairs,Maybe he has Belikin hard plumbed into the office by now!
Your husband being a musician will certianly get a long party going with Charlie!

[This message has been edited by Richard Chambers (edited 06-16-2001).]

#136777 - 06/18/01 09:40 PM Re: Bands
Anonymous
Hey there,

I'm going to be down the 20th - July 6th. If you are going to be at BCs and the Palapa this Sunday, I'll look for you.

#136778 - 06/19/01 03:07 PM Re: Bands
Mamalikestogo Offline
Hi IslandGirl! I think we will be at the BC on Sunday. I see your from Atlanta as well! I'll be the one with two beautiful teenage girls and two 12 year old boys and an "old man". Can't wait - we leave less than 50 hours from now.....

#136779 - 06/19/01 07:12 PM Re: Bands
Anonymous
Okay, I'll look for you on Sunday - I'll be the short redhead with her hair up.

Nansea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
4 registered (lomckenna, Papa John, 2 invisible), 48 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,211 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.