Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
M
mistro Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I am planning a trip to Belize in December 2001 and would like to do some sailing. I have tenatively reserved a catamaran w/ TMM Charters but would like to know if there are any other options. We are 2 adults and two boys 11 and 14. We own a sailboat and have some experience but would prefer to have a local captain to avoid stress, reefs, and other bad things. Can anyone make a suggestion.

We are also planning a week inland where we will stay in a friends house. Suggestions on must see stuff?

M
M
Placencia has two boats, one out of Kittys and a next new one. If you're interested, email me and I'll find out how to contact them.

Katie Valk
Maya Travel Services

Maya Travel Services
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Mistro,

I just read this yesterday, so it may be another option for you.

"This month's edition of Flotsam and Jetsam brings news that The Moorings has opened a new base in Belize. Unlike TMM's base location in the northern part of the reef, Moorings will operate from the mainland at Placencia, about 115 miles south
of Belize city. You will still fly into Belize City International and then take a commuter down to Placencia, about 45 minutes. Plans are to have the base fully operational in November, in time for the busy winter season. The popular 3800
3-cabin and 4500 4-cabin cats will be available, with about 4 of the 38's and 8 of the 45's planned to be in service by
early next year."

Also, Grand Expeditions, Inc., of Boca Raton, Florida, recently announced it has acquired The Moorings.

I looked at one of TMM's cats in San Pedro last week - made my little sailor's heart go pitter patter!! Only a year old. Pricey, but what a beauty!! From talking with them, I think you are making the right decision in hiring a skipper - they won't let you go outside the reef without one, and who wants to spend all their time watching for coral heads not marked on the charts. TMM is opening a base in Placencia, but I don't know when.

Good luck - I'm VERY envious.

M
mistro Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the reponses. Everyone please keep looking and thinking. I am sure there is a cruiser sitting in Belize or planning a trip there that would like to find some paying customers.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 327 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.