Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#137316 07/13/01 08:16 AM
OP Offline
One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do. Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

He invited all his neighbors to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realized what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down.

A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbors continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping-stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.

2. Free your mind from worries.

3. Live simply.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less�

Enjoy Your Week

SHAKE IT OFF

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
#137317 07/13/01 10:05 AM
Oh Zeke I could just kiss you!!!
If only you knew how much I needed this today. I'm having the worst day ever. Just found out we have to move and I have to leave my lovely new home. I was so in the dumps..... thanks.
Debbie

#137318 07/13/01 10:23 AM
OP Offline
Debbie....I'm all puckered up and waiting for that wet one. Will be in Belize in December maybe you can chuck a lip lock on me then. Oh yea, Where the hell is Jane? Don't she love me anymore?

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
#137319 07/13/01 11:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hi shnookie. i've been a busy young lady this week (yes YOUNG!). been painting all the exterior door & window trim, plus watching the brats. i play volleyball 2x week, and started taking tae kwon do classes. i am startin' to look GOOD!

i have had time to read the posts, but not much time to respond. you keep going, zeke. your audience is with you!

#137320 07/13/01 02:26 PM
Debbie, why do you have to move? You should look on my side of town. The new homes are beautiful here.

#137321 07/13/01 04:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hubby's job. she has to move to corpus christie. and leave her job. she is bummed.

#137322 07/16/01 08:47 AM
D
D
Hey Zekester....
what a surprise!! gotta say i like this one [Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.