Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
We are planning to come at the end of November and would like opinions about Ramons village. I have checked out all places listed on the web and Ramons seems to have alot to offer. The resort is close to town and the night life. Would we be disapointed?

Ramone's is a wonderful place. I've never stayed there (got my own place), but I do know it's the bell weather of San Pedro Resorts. Have a nice trip.

Gone fishing!!
Personally, I think Ramon's is very nice... however, I also think is a bit over priced... and just a bit crowded together.

J
J
We have just returned from our first trip to belize and spent 12 days in A/C. It was great but a week would have been enough. We changed hotels so I checked out quite a few. Ramons is close to town and their staff are very personable. This is a large resort for A/C and the quaint thatched units are very close together.Their beach area is small and seemed to be a gathering spot for partiers, this didn't work for us because we had our son with us. They were pricey and were the only place that did not reduce their rate when I asked, probably because their 60 rooms were full. We stayed at Banyon Bay which is a large 2 bed condo but Victoria House had the nicest grounds( we watched a beautiful wedding here). I wouldn't want to stay anywhere north of San Pedro which you access by water taxi. My only disappointment was the abundance of sea grass which stopped us from snorkelling off the beach. Spend some time inland and visit the ruins and the zoo. We hired a local guy and had a great time.

B
B
I was in Belize in March of this year and stayed at Ramon's. I can't speak highly enough of our stay. The staff were wonderful. The food was great. The dive shop staff were competent and very willing to help. The pool was a necessity-and one of few on the island, due to the lack of waves from the barrier reef and abundance of sea grass. The villa's were very clean. The resort itself is located 2 minute walk from the local airport (if you want to call it that) and from town. This was very convenient for going out at night and checking out the shops during the day. I am going back in Sept and can't wait. Hope you enjoy your trip!!

S
S
Jim and Cyndi... Right next door to Ramon's is The Palms...a wonderful place with great 1 and 2 bdrm apartment/condo's. For just a little more than a basic room at Ramon's, you can have a kitchen, LR and bedroom all nicely decorated. They have fully furnished kitchens, great views from their balcony's and a nice pool. You can have quiet breakfasts on your own balcony overlooking the water then go out for lunch and dinner. The Palms shares the beach with Ramon's and you can see some u/w creatures off either Ramons pier or the one in front of The Palms. Any dive op will pick you right from the pier in front. Check out their new website in the accomodations section...

Scott

The Palms would be my choice! Excellent location and rates. Ramon's is too pricey...

I second the motion for the Palms. We've stayed there twice and can't say more nice things about the accommodations.

We have few requirements, but they're all met at the Palms. Pool, kitchen & walking distance to BC's. (Hi Charlene!)

Have a wonderful time!

Loie

- - -
"Everywhere I turn all the beauty just keeps shaking me." Amy Ray, World Falls
C
C
Ramon's is an excellent place to stay. We were down in June and loved it. It is close to all the hotspots and yet feels secluded. Ramon's has a wonderful beach, very nice relaxing pool, great bar, good food and the rooms are very romanticly decorated for a private caribbean feel.
P.S. while you are in Ambergris Caye you have got to go to BC's for a drink[Ernie is the world's best bartender] and a chicken burrito[ Charlene makes the best there is any where]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 250 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.