Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#137885 - 08/22/01 09:13 PM Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
gailtor Offline
OK Reading all these posts for the Colorado and Texas and ?? chapters for those who love San Pedro/Belize has made me really jealous. Of course, just reading all the postings on this fabulous message board (*BIG THANKS to Marty*)has me lusting after another visit to San Pedro.

Is there anyone out there in the Toronto area who wants to start a new chapter?

While I can't offer the ranch or pool side settings for a BBQ, (like those Colorado folks! - more jealousy) I do know at least one bar that would suffice for the event.

Send me an email at gailtor@hotmail.com and I'd be happy to investigate options etc. Cheers Gail

PS Really glad that Chantal choice not to visit our favourite paradise!

#137886 - 08/23/01 12:54 AM Re: Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
RobertE Offline
You could go to Flatiron & Firkin for beers! Then head down to the lakefront with a couple of plastic palm trees and pretend you're in AC.

I dunno, Toronto IS pretty cool to party in. Especially when you can buy a beer for pocket change. (Loonies and Toonies...not to be confused with the cartoon.)

#137887 - 08/23/01 01:57 AM Re: Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
rickcheri Offline
Hey Gail-- I think its cool what you all are trying to do up there... Let me know and I'll give you all some good ole receips for BBQ.. Texan style of course!!!LOL IM me... Rick

#137888 - 08/23/01 09:18 AM Re: Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
Debbie Offline
My folks lived just north of Toronto in Richmond Hill when I was attending University. I got to go home for Christmas and Summer breaks. What a place for a college kid!!! It was awesome. For this little ole Texas girl, the change was wonderful. Learned to cross country ski, (hated downhill)watched some ice fishing on a nearby lake, curling??, and some other unique things. Even rode a toboggan (sp?) for the first time.... But best of all was the LaBatt's Blue and the Molson Golden!!!!!

#137889 - 08/23/01 09:33 AM Re: Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
I would just about drive from Georgia to Toronto for a AC lovers fest! I love TO, lived there back in the 70's, Eglington and Bathurst. Love that city! I was there two years ago and saw Phantom at the Pantages with Paul Stanley (of Kiss fame).
While Debbie may miss the Molson and Labatts, I miss Brador and DeMaurier (sp?). I haven't been one for beer or cigs since those days! I do go up several times a year to Buffalo, for Bills and Sabres games. Let me know when you are planning a meeting!
How's the EX this year? And do you know who won the fireworks contest? We saw Japan--- the best!

#137890 - 08/23/01 10:56 AM Re: Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
Over_40_Pirate Offline

#137891 - 08/23/01 12:05 PM Re: Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
KC Offline
Hey, Vicki!~~ Did you get my e-mail last week about our "setting up of house on AC?"

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

#137892 - 08/23/01 02:47 PM Re: Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
Yes! Quite interesting. I did laugh about the airport scene...
Will write you directly soon.

#137893 - 08/23/01 06:35 PM Re: Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
canuckchick Offline
Hi Gailtor!!

I'm originally from Toronto but have lived out west (Alberta) for 14 years now. I would absolutely attend any and all parties re: AC if I was remotely close to you. What I'm jealous of is the fact that our friends down south can hop on a plane quite cheaply and go from state to state whereas it costs us a fortune to go anywhere via air. I haven't been to AC yet but am going in November. I hope it turns out to be all that I expect - I feel I know it so well just from the months of reading I've been doing. Good luck with setting up your fan club. Curious Canuck is from Ontario but I'm not sure where - perhaps she will see your message.

Anyone from Alberta familiar with AC? Perhaps we could start the western chapter?

#137894 - 08/23/01 09:25 PM Re: Toronto Chapter of AC Wanabees??
gailtor Offline
Well this board certainly confirms one thing, there are alot people out there who are super friendly and looking for an excuse to have a party or go to Belize..
Yes, I do love living in Toronto. Been here 13 years! Originally from North Western Ontario near the Manitoba border. I have done all those winter things.. curling, ice fishing, skiing and while I enjoy them, guess what, I'd rather spend more time on a beach, in the water or just enjoying the quite times of places like San Pedro. I saw the Phanton of the Opera twice.. loved it. Another show I saw twice and absolutely loved was Mamma Mia!! Haven't been to the EX yet this year but will definitely get there.. Yes, it's so much more expensive for us to fly anywhere.. heck it costs as much to fly to Wpg as it does to London England (at times). Then we canucks get hit with the US exchange on our loonies and toonies.. double wammie. I'll keep everyone posted on the progress of the TO chapter.. There's a brew pub near me for those beer drinkers out there.. maybe that'll entice a few people.. I know that for some people in Colorado, their brew pubs rank supreme.. visited my share of them around Denver and Breckenridge..
PS Pirate.. loved your trip reports.. and salute Kathy for her fund raising walk for cancer.. I know Carol & Sherrie well so understand when you say how great they are..
Cheers everyone.. Gail

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (2 invisible), 50 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.