Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I was on Belize Forum today checking to see if any of my questions were answered, and there was a posting asking about accommodations on Ambergris Caye (Ramon's v. Mata Chica), so I posted a reply giving him the link to the Ambergris Caye message board. This site is much better for info. about AC, and I was just trying to help this guy get the best information.
Well.... they took the post off. I thought maybe it was a fluke or I forgot to hit "post" so I posted the message again. Later, when I tried to add a different post, I was informed on the screen that my posting privileges had been taken away! Just because I suggested someone go to a different board that would have been MUCH more useful to this guy who was looking for information for his honeymoon.
I understand that people want to keep traffic on their board for monetary reasons, but taking away my posting privileges???? I've only posted 3 or 4 very innocent questions on there until today's apparent no-no of giving the link to this board.
I sure hope the same people don't run this board!
I will NEVER look at Belize Forum again (it wasn't very helpful anyway). Not like that makes a difference to them, but it's the principle of the matter.
For those of you who have gotten upset because your posts have been taken off, I feel your pain. UGH!
OK, rant over.....

Hi there Turnbun,
I think that would be TONY... NOOOOO... no relation to Marty. lol
I was there a long time ago as well... and just felt this board to be very sincere, more informative, and REALLY funny. LOL
I never even posted here for about 4 months, just read and laughed, and laughed, and tried to remember to take notes or print out everything about dining and anything else they (the regulars) mentioned about what to do, see, eat, etc for our first trip there.
You fit in here very nice, hang around and enjoy!!! Maybe Marty can direct people via those computor sites so they will find us strange, helpful people before they find the other boards about Belize. LOL
Sorry you were bumped!
Sincerely,
Hope

M
M
I never heard of the site til you mentioned it...then I got this e-mail a few minutes ago...I'm gonna tell this guy to take a flying leap and encourage all other users of the AC site to do as well. If he had e-mailed you and told you why he was pulling it, that might be different. He doesn't sound like our kind of people...end of my rant!

Dear, Friend!

Best regards,
(None). Hi I would like to first take the time to introduce myself, My
Name is Mark A. Borland and I have a passion for the love of my country, in doing so
I have done a website my vision is for Belize to have its own intranet, where people from all
over the country can share ideas, exchange thoughts , post scholarships for students , a jobs
wanted
and job vacanies, anyone who has something to sell can post there info here and anyone
within the c
country can access this information.
www.BelizeForums is a site that is a non for profit meaning I do not want any ads and I dont
make
any money on it, all i want is for our community to have a place on the web to exchange
ideas and
to communicate with each others, you can discuss anything you want.

If anyone has any recommendations for this site I am open for ideas and love to share my
ideas with others, for this to
be successful we will need information posted up immediately and good content.

I thank you for your time and hope this site is just the open door to many of my projects for
the promotion
of Belize.

Thanks for your time to read this and dont forget to logon and post any news, politics,
classifieds, scholarchips,
mp3 music sites to download files so the door for www.belizeforums.com is now Officialy
open. This is
my hobby and I love it.......

Best Regards...

Mark
Webmaster, Entrepreneur

T
Turnbun Offline OP
OP Offline
T
This gets very confusing, because there is a belizeforum (no plural) which is the one that took away my privileges. BelizeForums is apparently very new because I just came across it today.
I'm happy with my little AC message board. One is all I can handle!
Thanks for the support...
Off to AC in 5 days!!!!

Belize Forum is run by Tony Rath. Tony also is involved in the Pelican Beach Resort and has Tony Rath Photography. He's based in Dangriga and I believe that his board employs about 9 Belizeans.
I for one love that board. Just a different group of people that frequent it versus the people that go to AC. Nothing wrong with that just that we have some interesting debates on some different aspects of Belize.
I will say one thing about Tony and his group they very rarely delete anything that is put up.
What no one ever says is that we have a nut who posts under various names ususally Soma151 that posts lots of untruths about Belize. Out of one hundred posts he might have one that is kind to Belize. Hence that is why you see some strange posts and then they disappear.
You do occasionally get banned from Belize Forum, I myself have been banned four times. Really no good explanation for how this happens. It might be because Tony is trying to cut down on the taglines but I doubt it.
Just send an email to them and ask why it happened. I usually just get a sorry, oops, thing. As far as I know even Soma151 is not banned from posting.
This board is interesting also, but limited occasionally by what can be discussed. Different boards have different objectives and rules and regulations. Many of the people on the BelizeForum board have been going to Belize for years, some have second homes in the country like I do. Obviously instead of being interested in what restuarant to eat in or hotel to stay at we have some other questions and problems regarding Belize. This board is geared towards AC, nothing wrong with that except Belize is just not the island of AC.

Sorry that you got banned but give them a shout and ask what happened. Hope that answered some questions.

K
K
I agree with kcbc. Just send a mail to Tony to ask what happened... I find that forum very informative, just like this one, but on different subjects... Now I even learned about that new forum...Thanks ! ;-)

I think if you check each site, you will find that the names are exactly the same.

Both call themselves "The Belize Forums". This is a little confusing to this writer and in order to address the question,I have registered as a member.

The question has now been asked of the administrator of the new TBF, Mark Borland. What purpose does it serve?

**Jim

**Jim
Very Interesting!

Mark Borland happens to be my ex-brother-in-law....and also the manager at Lighthouse Reef Resort...last I heard anyway.

I'm sure this is a completely different board than the Belize Forums that is run by Tony Rath.

I personally don't have time to be bothered with Tony's site. There is more to why the post was pulled about ambergriscaye.com...but that is neither here nor there.

I just don't like the tone of that board....life is stressful enough without subjecting myself to more Bulls**t....LOL

Since I'm not in a position to change anything politically in Belize...as most aren't....why beat a topic to death?...won't make any difference anyway.

That is my humble opinion of course...LOL...I'm sure I will hear lots of flack on that remark....oh well..such is life...LOL

I will email Mark and see exactly what he has going with this new site.....could be he is just trying to start a new message board...that's cool...but I would suggest a name change. Really sucks though since he has registered the name already.

Will keep you posted.

Cheers!

M
M
hey shake,

you may also put a bug in his ear and tell him that the people that he spammed don't appreciate it. Not a very good way to get started.

Hey Moss....LOL....don't jump to conclusions.
maybe he has admins too...or maybe he is still working out some kinks???

Did he send you this email un-solicited?

I will ask...but before you get your dandruff up...LOL..let's hear from the man..ok?

I hope I never sit before you in a court of law....LOL "OFF with her head!!"

Yikes! [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 08-25-2001).]

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 226 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.