Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#138314 - 09/11/01 03:58 PM Info needed on Conch Shell Hotel & Amigo Del Mar
Quin Offline
Found that Conch Shell Hotel has a package with Amigo Del Mar for $400US that includes 7nights hotel with 5day/2tank dives.

Can I get some feedback on these places.

#138315 - 09/11/01 05:12 PM Re: Info needed on Conch Shell Hotel & Amigo Del Mar
run a search using the search function, above right. you should find all you need to know. make sure you do it on the "about AC" board too.

#138316 - 09/11/01 05:28 PM Re: Info needed on Conch Shell Hotel & Amigo Del Mar
BC Offline
I dove with Amigo's last Dec. and they did a great job. Never stayed at the Conch Shell so I can not help you with that place.
I do recommed you check out Amigo's web site and some of the other dive operators before making a decission.
You're going to have a great time.

#138317 - 09/11/01 05:39 PM Re: Info needed on Conch Shell Hotel & Amigo Del Mar
kathyw Offline
If you're looking for the economy package its a good deal. The Conch Shell is clean and right on the beach. No air conditioning, but they have fans. (if they still work) Not fancy at all. Different colored vinyl flooring. We got the room with a refrigerator in it, so we had cold beer all the time. Upstairs on the balcony is a great place to sit and watch people. Was our favorite funky place before we bought our house. At night it gets a little noisy from the bar next door, but for the price you can't beat it. Amigo Del Mar is just to the right and in front of the hotel. A great place to dive and fish. Very friendly and and lots of fun.
Kathy W

#138318 - 09/12/01 09:54 AM Re: Info needed on Conch Shell Hotel & Amigo Del Mar
Florian Offline
I dove with Amigos Del Mar and was very pleased with the service. Personally I suspect they are among the better dive opporators on the island.

I did not like the island that they used for lunch on the day trip to south Turneffe.

The regular crew at town was better then the crew that took us to the Blue Hole (they were kids, really, the ones that took us to the BH).

Other then those two things, which I suspect one will run into with pretty much most shops, I was pleased with Amigos Del Mar. The regular (town) crew were very friendly, laid-back people who at the same time conducted themselves well as divemasters.

#138319 - 09/14/01 03:03 PM Re: Info needed on Conch Shell Hotel & Amigo Del Mar
Quin Offline
Thanks Kathy and Florian, that is what I needed to know. Just booked it, so now all I have to do is hope the airlines will be up and running by the 9th so I can get there.

#138320 - 09/14/01 03:26 PM Re: Info needed on Conch Shell Hotel & Amigo Del Mar
margarita Offline
We get a room with a fridge and save $ on beverages and drinks. The upstairs porch is the best. The San Pedrano store right around the corner is great for supplies.
Belize it!

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (Marty, 1 invisible), 39 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,685 Topics
461,184 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.