Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
United we Stand
Divided we Fall
Common Jane, help me with this one.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
first i want to just mention the violence many americans are beginning to suffer at the hands of other americans. i have heard rumers of convenience stores being bombed or threatened because the owners are not of US origin. or being dragged out of their cars and beaten. STOP!!! what does this kind of action solve?

to NY gal, you said a mouthful. i cried after seeing r/c's website ( http://www.yellow7.com/imagine/ ).

rick/cheri, please relax. nobody is trying to invalidate your feelings. i think many of us, who generally consider ourselves to be pacifists, are torn apart inside.

peace and fairness has always been a personal goal of mine, but i am like a mother bear when my cubs existance is threatened.

being angry now at the events of the past 5 years that led up to this tredgedy is pointless. dwelling on the past never solved anything. going forward does. learn from your mistakes, pick yourself up by your bootstraps, and go on from this moment.

at some point, many of us have family who had a difficult time gaining entry here. how these clowns did it, well, who is to say. they obviously thought this out very hard, and played against our trust. that hurts.

put trust in the government and the military. that is why they are there. bottom line, this is all we can do.

[This message has been edited by janeinPA (edited 09-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by janeinPA (edited 09-15-2001).]

Thank You.

Jane we are very relaxed....i have COMPLETE FAITH in God....in this we find great comfort!! Thanks for looking at the "Imagine" site..it is awesome, and i guess i adopt the same way of thinking as John Lennon does in his song...Just "Imagine all the people living life in peace"

Zeke, and all:

I haven't been following the board this week, as I was stranded out of town, and then forced to drive 900 miles to get home. This is just an "inconvenience" to me, and I spent the whole drive steaming for the people who were more than inconvenienced, they were devastated.
You hit the nail on the head. It is one thing to hit sporadic military targets, but attacking the free people of the US (and the world) is another thing altogether. I fear these perps have opened a can of worms that cannot be closed again. The people of the country are united as never before, and it is becoming readily apparent to the world that something must be done. We are the people to set it in motion. What those of us can do that can no longer fit into our old uniforms is to show support for our country and our people. I and my family are just about to leave for a rally at the MN state capitol, and I expect to find a lot of common folk like myself showing the flag. Just remember, U.S. spells Us. I am proud to be an American.
It is one thing to irritate the government, but pissing off the American People is a foolish thing to do.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
I read all the input with great interest...and can understand where everyone is coming form...this is what makes us different. We are a melting pot of all nations who stick together. We have many opinions and then we make a decision. Make no mistake about this act of war...it is war! having been in one, I know the havoc that war causes. Understand that the innocent and quilty will perish...war makes no distintion. Yes..vengence is mine sayeth the lord....love thy neightbor...turn the other cheek.....I don't think so! This is where religion and I part company. Peace? yes I would love for the world to live in peace....but there will always be a bin laden..hitler...etc..or some other fanatic who wants to own the world and force his beliefs on us. We have to fight for what we believe in...and if the innocent die...so be it...innocents have died through the centuries...most of them died for religion...aka/muslin and their beliefs. I say...if religion causes you to murder your brother......how good is it? I say...why do you need a religion? when there is God? all one ever needs is god.....not religion. I would welcome your comments on this...think about religion..and what it has done to mankind throughout the ages. New York ..the latest victim.

MR

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 09-17-2001).]

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
L
L
R&C: What do you mean: How did those guys get here? The U.S. lets just about everybody in. Sorry if anyone is offended, but it has been this way for a long time. You are trying to move to Belize? Look at all the shit you have to go through to do it! You gotta pay to move there, pay to work there, etc. We just let everybody come here. Then, when they get in trouble, we pay for their legal defense and pay for their room and board in prison.

A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ah, laurie, you will always be an attorney! i think i asked how they got in, not r/c. but it was a rhetorical question, of course.

mr - religion is always a touchy subject. you will get pelted for this, no matter what you say.

my husband & i, being jewish & catholic, respectively, have not believed in organized religion for many years. we do not teach any religion to our children. they are raised with the basic comandments, which i think suffice. i try to answer their questions as best and as honestly as i can.

frank & my daughter, almost 7, do not really believe in god anymore. i feel god will hear me when i pray, and i don't need 100 other people around me to do it. and he can hear me just as well from my own home as in a house of worship. my 4 year old son, wise beyond his years, says that god lives in everyone's hearts.

me, well, right now i'm putting my faith in the military. godspeed to them. and to return home safely when they are done.

as always, my opinion (and i always have one).

lol Jane, I know I will get pelted and don't care...this is what this board is all about..religion is a touchy subject yes...but only to those who fear to tread there...anytime someone can tell me something different or believable i'll be glad to listen to their opinion. It's amazing how many of us have woken up to the facts of religion...we are not alone in our enlightment. I belive that God is in me and around me, and that we are in control of our destiny...and that we create what we want.....be it war, peace or whatever. And yes God lives in our hearts...

Mosquito

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 09-18-2001).]

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
Mosquito...i am with you ALL THE WAY!!! Have you read "Conversations With God, An Uncommon Dialogue"? Some of your words sound like it!! I personally don't have a denomination, husband is catholic....it is true, we are all little dropplets of God, but most of us don't re-member!! He speaks to us ALL, and we could all hear him, if we could get quiet enough!!

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
1 members (JayinOhio), 128 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.