Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#138476 - 09/14/01 09:27 PM if I'm lucky
Florian Offline
Well, two days and about $1500 later, I'm sitting here waiting on a fax to come in to my lawyer saying I may go about my business.

When, if, I get that word, I'm pretty much just going to hit the road. I need to get away from home and be someplace I can study for a day or three.

I do so appreciate being tolerated here, and having the opportunity to say things that I probably never could in voice.

From the first, this place just seemed to fit. I even made a conscious effort to go to other boards, diving and jeep boards. But here is where did, and does, fit. I'm not sure why.

I will try to check in now and then in the comming weeks and months. In the meantime, there is something I want to say in parting.

I sense something,something about what has happened. I sensed it in a vague way at once. At first, I was put off by this thought, and did not speak of it. I feared that somehow, I might be trying to see a silver lining where I shouldn't.

But the more I thought about it, the more I realized I was seeing clearly, and that what I saw was not something to be ashamed of.

I was curious as to my own reaction to the tragety, how it dredged up old memories, that now demanded attention.

Seeing the images on the screen was as a catylist, and there was no putting off accounts any longer. Even knowing that many others suffered so hororably worse then I, who really suffered not at all, but only had to bear witness ... it hurt, and I had to let it hurt.

Somehow, without specific knowledge, I know there are others that feel this way. I just know. The images were so powerfull. They washed over me like waves, as if they had a physical presense. Cold and hard and suffocating,

A catharisis of sorts, yes, but then, beyond that, something else.

It is time to pass the torch. The toarch that shines the awesome cost of liberty. That torch belongs in the hands of the people of New York City now.

Once, Oklahoma had suffered at the hands of senseless violence more then any other American community since the time of our great, great grandfathers.

Now that distinction belongs to New York City. Their suffering is unspeakable. No matter where we come from, our hearts go out to them. But I think I am not being presumtous, nor in any way demeaning others, to say that the people of Oklahoma will always feel a special kinship for those who now hold the light.

#138477 - 09/14/01 09:51 PM Re: if I'm lucky
Florian Offline
Just got the call. I'm a free man.

I'm outta here. I am sooooo gone.

You folks take good care of each other. I know you will.

Ol' Doc Flo will wander back this way some day.

Until then,

Happy trials.

#138478 - 09/14/01 10:12 PM Re: if I'm lucky
swayflo Offline
Good luck and God bless...

Peace, Susan

#138479 - 09/14/01 11:04 PM Re: if I'm lucky
Anonymous
good luck. may you find what you are looking for.

keep us posted.

#138480 - 09/14/01 11:15 PM Re: if I'm lucky
IslandJunkie Offline
Florian, buddy... the best of luck to you. Your insights and openness have been such a wonderful addition to this board and to all our lives. You've challenged me to think beyond myself. Do keep in touch with us all here from time to time. You'll be missed if you don't!!!
Be safe. I wish you many wonderful adventures in your jeep and under the seas.
Cheers!
IJ

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (dawg), 47 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,676 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,077 Topics
462,359 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.