Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#13869 - 04/11/01 09:29 AM Eva's or David's tours
maitaikpl Offline
How can I contact Eva's restaurant or David's Adventure tours to see a list of tours they offer? Do their tours usually pick you up from your hotel or does everyone meet up in town. If we're supposed to meet in town, which are the following hotels are closest? These are also the ones I'm considering.... Windy Hill, JaguarPaw, Duplooy's, Black Rock, Hidden Valley, Banana Bank, Five Sisters and Maya Mountain.

Thanks in advance!

#13870 - 04/11/01 10:35 AM Re: Eva's or David's tours
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
It's probably best just to wait until you get there and make plans for your tours then. You don't know what the weather will be like on a certain day, and that will affect what tours will go out that day. www.belizex.com has some info on David's Tours and on Eva's (which is a restaurant and a gathering place for tourists and tour operators, not itself a tour operator).

Of the hotels you are considering, only Windy Hill and Maya Mountain are close to San Ignacio. Maya Mountain is about a mile or a little less from town. Windy Hill is just on the west side of San Ignacio.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.turq.com/belizefirst/
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#13871 - 04/11/01 11:52 AM Re: Eva's or David's tours
maitaikpl Offline
Yes, I will probably wait till I get down there before i make any definite plans. Would you be able to give me a little estimate of how much the following tours will be. And whether or not they do pickups from hotel or only from town? I want to be able to do some comparing before I sign up for certain packages or book certain hotels.

#13872 - 04/11/01 11:53 AM Re: Eva's or David's tours
maitaikpl Offline
My apologies... here are the tours that I'm interested in.
(1) Barton Creek Cave
(2) Horseback riding to the sinkholes in Santa Familia
(3) Caracol / Mountain Pine Ridge
(4) Canoeing on an active river
(5) Night Jungle Walks / safaris

#13873 - 04/11/01 12:03 PM Re: Eva's or David's tours
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Sorry, there's a wide range of costs depending on which tour you go with and when you go and exactly where you go and how many people go ... You might want to visit www.belizex.com and if it's important to you then invest a few dollars in telephone calls to Belize. Or buy a good guidebook to Belize, though not all tour costs will be any one guide.

Frankly, if costs are a main consideration, I'd just stay at Martha's in San Ignacio or Aguada nearby in Santa Elena and take tours offered by folks in town. You'll find plenty of options.

--Lan Sluder
Guide to Mainland Belize (Amazon.com)
Fodor's Belize & Guatemala Guide (any bookstore)
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#13874 - 04/11/01 12:51 PM Re: Eva's or David's tours
M-A Gaffney Offline

#13875 - 04/11/01 01:14 PM Re: Eva's or David's tours
maitaikpl Offline
Thanks! Would you happen to have a URL or e-mail address for David's Adventure Tours? The http://www.belizex.com didn't really have anything specific to david's tours.

#13876 - 04/11/01 02:18 PM Re: Eva's or David's tours
M-A Gaffney Offline

#13877 - 04/16/01 03:25 AM Re: Eva's or David's tours
Cinca Offline
David is quite a character who definitely runs on Belizean Time! His tours are fun and informative.

#13878 - 04/20/01 12:53 AM Re: Eva's or David's tours
TravelNut Offline
I'll echo Cinca's comments about David being a unique character. The best part of the 11 (or 14 mi, whatever!) canoe trip down the river is starting out a David's place, 150 ac his grandfather left to him. It is built on an unexcavated Mayan site, and he has built quite the compound. It is possible to stay there and/or camp there. I highly recommend David's tours.

We went to Caracol with Everald, who works out of Eva's. We liked his low-key style, and even got him to take us to the airport later from San Ignacio. The price seemed reasonable compared to others we heard quoted. I think just talking to a cab driver to go to Xunantunich and/or the Guatemalan border is the best and most economical way to see those sites. We found a guy named Keith that was VERY reasonable, and you don't really need a tour for that. Keith did make sure we got across the border ok, and even pointed out the best places to shop.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 27 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,687 Topics
461,187 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.