Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#1386 04/04/06 02:23 PM
OP Offline
I've never been to Belize before, so I really didn't know what to expect. It turned out to be one of the best trips I've ever taken. From the start, everyone was really friendly and I felt very comfortable and safe on the island. It didn't hurt that my friend, Shannon, knows some of the locals there and places to go for good food and drink. Thanks girl!
[Linked Image]
Shannon and I on the water taxi
[Linked Image]

We took the water taxi to San Pedro from Belize city and that took over an hour. I highly recommend taking the puddle jumper instead... it costs more but is well worth it. Once we got to the island, we spent most of our time hanging out at local bars like BCs, Pier Lounge, Crazy Canucks, Fidos, Blue Water Grill, and Jaquars, amongst many others. Pier Lounge had a great happy hour special- two for one, can't beat that! The "horny monkey" drink at Blue Water was delicious! I wish I had the recipe! The bartenders at Fidos were super friendly and a blast to be around. I really loved all the reggae music everywhere we went... it made me realize how much I miss listening to it.

[Linked Image]
The coolest bartenders at Fidos... Deon, Chris and Glenn
[Linked Image]
Shannon, Mike and Tricia at Fidos

Well we did manage to do some tours while we were there, which I am so glad we decided to do. Steve at Coconets set us up with a snorkeling tour to Shark Ray Alley and Hol Chan. Clifford and Eric were our guides, and did an excellent job! I was absolutely blown away by what I saw. Eric, on more than one occasion, brought up stingrays, and nurse sharks for us to view... I wasn't about to touch them! Clifford took us through the coral reefs at Hol Chan, pointing out different fish and types of coral along the way. These guys were great guides and I would highly recommend them for your trips.

[Linked Image]
Our guides, Clifford and Eric
[Linked Image]
Eric swiming with the turtle
[Linked Image]
Showing us a nurse shark

[Linked Image]

I was really sad to leave San Pedro. It's just so beautiful there and I met some really cool people. I look forward to going back and seeing more of the islands, the ruins, and snorkeling. You just don't get to see stuff like that in Texas! lol!

More pictures from our trip: San Pedro, Belize 3/31-4/2

#1387 04/04/06 02:52 PM
Ohhhhh yeah... thanks Jackie! I wasn't able to see the pics in the thread itself, but could get everything in your Kodak slideshow. We're returning in 18 sleeps, and it's getting harder and harder to get anything done besides cruise the board and internet!

My reality check bounced.
#1388 04/04/06 03:06 PM
Jackie22, so good you ladies got to live the dream!

I too cannot see the pictures within the thread but looked at the slide show. They look like fun!

Must be nice to just go for the weekend! cool

#1389 04/04/06 03:11 PM
OP Offline
Thanks for letting me know about the pictures. I will try to fix that soon. =)

#1390 04/04/06 03:34 PM
jackie nice post,you go to live the dream..steve from coconet inernet cafe ,is my buddy he hooked me up with eric and cliford to fish with ..nice guys we had a ball.caught lots of fish..had lots of laughs.glad you got to enjoy,the island life...

Living The Dream Every Day!
#1391 04/04/06 04:54 PM
OP Offline
Here are the pictures... hope this works now.

[Linked Image]
Shannon and I on the water taxi

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
The coolest bartenders at Fidos... Deon, Chris and Glenn

[Linked Image]
Our guides, Clifford and Eric

[Linked Image]
Eric swiming with the turtle

[Linked Image]
Showing us a nurse shark

#1392 04/04/06 05:08 PM
Another one hooked! Nice job gals! And Jackie..did TQ give ya seat 2A???

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#1393 04/04/06 05:37 PM
OP Offline
2A?? on the Continental Flight? Nope, I didn't go first class if that's what you mean.

#1394 04/04/06 05:46 PM
just trying to figger out who she gave my seat to :-)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _________________ _ _ _ _ _ _
But then what do I know, I am but a mere caveman
#1395 04/04/06 07:20 PM
Ha ha ha ha hah aha aha! Funny you should ask! It was the other gals, Tricia, I had 2B, not bad - and thought of you. wink

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 262 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.