Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
C
OP Offline
C
Hey...

I have had some friends recently visit Belize, and they have been blown away with it down there...

My question, for anyone in the know, would be the long term viability of a club, either existing or new, that would be coupled with some kind of smaller scale resort...r they profitable on a fast burn or slow?...

What types of clubs go over well in this area??...

From Toronto Canada and operate a "rave" style lounge/club, works well here, and in europe, but what genre works well in belize?...is there room for error???

Looking and researching on the web $ for existing resorts, property....pricy....from anyone that has done this, what worked well for u?..suggestions on teaming up with a resort or something...

Any info you can toss me would be appreciated...

Thx...Scott...=)

My personal humble opinion is....
There are enuff clubs on the island now.
They have to compete like hell to make a profit. It's a small island.

Not sure what the feasability would be on the mainland.....guess it would depend on the area.

Would definately do some first hand research b/4 you go any farther though.
Go check it out for yourself.....look at different areas.

Remember....Belize consists of about 8800 sq miles total....and approx. 260,000 people....give or take 10,000. About 70,000 of those people are in Belize City....the rest are spread out in other small cities and villages......some of which are very remote. You will probably find that a lot of people in remote areas are not interested in going to a club. Belizean income for most does not permit such luxuries.
For example....a laborer in Belize gets paid about $45 bz a day....that's $22.50 US.

Hope this helps [Linked Image]

Ok, it's official: I'm old. What da heck is a "rave" style club.

Gone fishing!!
KC Offline
Bill,
Ya don't wanna know, Bud.

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
LOL @ kathy!!!

gotcha, bill. even i am too old for raves. it is for the young-ins. they are wild lights, techno music all night parties that, um, sometimes include, um, mind altering substances (not supplied by the club, of course). but i wouldn't know anything about that.

i don't think it is the right thing for belize. my impression is that the kids there are fairly conservative and religious. a club on AC should probably be geared toward tourists. rock n roll or reggae, etc. MHO.

LOL...Jane...you haven't been to Barefoot Iguanas or Jaguars (formerly Tarzans)

Where the..thump..thump...thump beat will get your heart and soul pumping....LOL

Trust me, Techno and Disco are alive and well on Ambergris Caye [Linked Image]

I could go for a night at Barefoot Iguanas right now!

I take comfort in my old age. The gentle lapping of the lagoon against the mangroves is more my speed. But, I remember when...

Gone fishing!!
There needs 2 be more dance, trance music in san pedro!

Dan
R
R
How about a 4 br/3bth., sleeps 8+, on the beach just north of Xcalak, Q.Roo., MX., 1 hr by boat north of AC! 5 hours south of Cancun airport. Gen, solar and Wind Gen.
Off shore and flat fishings and diving near by.

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 10-31-2001).]

*bewildered look on face*

What has that got to do with a dance club???.....LOL

Must have took a detour....I want some of what he's smokin'....LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 292 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.