Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#139593 - 10/15/01 03:58 PM I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
Scorpion Offline
Hi,
My name is Anne, I am 16 years old and I would very much like to help to build a house for the Mennonites Group. The problem is my parents have pretty much wiped out my bank account for car payments and insurance. They have left me with a total of $53.00 of which I would gladly give $50.00 to help these people out. I have the next 2 weeks off from school and will work on getting more money to put in but I know I can't come up with the full $400.00.
Is there anyone who can help out? Please let me know I would appreciate it.
~Anne

#139594 - 10/15/01 05:09 PM Re: I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
Anonymous
are you the infamous "anne child"??

i commend your efforts. many of us who have much more aren't willing to give it away as you are. you should be an example to others.

perhaps you could contact your school to see if they would help. maybe do a fund raiser, like a car wash or bake sale.

good luck to you, and don't give up your dreams.

#139595 - 10/15/01 06:02 PM Re: I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
diann Offline
Hey there infamous Anne Childe~~~
You rock girl!! You are too incredible!!! I will gladly match your $50.00, and help out with other things you are doing.... just let me know!!!
There aren't many teenagers out there with a heart as big as yours

hugs... diann

#139596 - 10/15/01 06:13 PM Re: I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
diann Offline
Ok.. should have thought of this the first time I posted, but I'm just gonna challenge my cohorts of the C.C.A.C.S.Partiers to help so we can build one house at least!!! It's on guys....

Jane....
As you stated above, "i commend your efforts. many of us who have much more aren't willing to give it away as you are. you should be an example to others."
I couldn't agree with you more on what you wrote, so.......... how much are you putting in??!! Let's help Anne Child with her fundraiser!!!!!!

[This message has been edited by diann (edited 10-15-2001).]

#139597 - 10/15/01 06:28 PM Re: I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
Loie Offline
I'll also match the Anne Child's $50.

Loie

#139598 - 10/15/01 07:42 PM Re: I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
denverdan Offline
GEEZE.... Tooo Cool!

Yes Jane, she is the "infamous "Anne Child" LOL I'm a pretty proud mom!
With you remembering about me writing about her I had a few tears goin. I'm afraid she tried her friends and they are on vacation or tapped out; teenagers ya know...

I'm sure she will get back on the board and thank you all herself (when she gets back from work lol) but in the meantime...

THANK YOU DIANN...
THANK YOU LOIE...
and
THANK YOU ANYONE ELSE who could help her out.

You will all make her day, and make a family a home as well! Thats a GOOD thing!

Just remember to charge it on Martys link
https://secure.nameservers.com/ambergriscaye.com/placencia/

(I hope that's it) otherwise if ya send it to us Dan may spend it. lol

I think she was expecting $10.00 or $20.00 add on's so don't EVERYONE think they have to match it.

YEA... THANKS!
Sincerely,
Hope

[This message has been edited by Marty (edited 10-15-2001).]

#139599 - 10/15/01 09:02 PM Re: I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
KC Offline
If I match Anne's $50.00 then does that make me an honorary member of your Colorado Society?

I guess we can all just pledge on Marty's server, and keep track here as to when we get to $400.00?

Kathy

#139600 - 10/16/01 03:25 AM Re: I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
MandM Offline
We will gladly match your $50.00 Anne.

I can't tell you how cool it is to hear of a 16 year old doing something like this. You must be a very generous person. Not to mention wise beyond your years.

Thanks for being such a wonderful person!

#139601 - 10/16/01 04:42 PM Re: I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
KC Offline
Hi Anne -- Consider your house built. From what I can gather, you have gotten pledges for $200.00:
Anne - 50
Diann - 50
Loie - 50
M&M - 50

I just went to Marty's secure server and pledged the remaining $200.00, so it's done. We'll call it "Anne's house!" GOOD FOR YOU!!!

Kathy

#139602 - 10/16/01 09:43 PM Re: I would like to help build a house or two. Can anyone help me out?
Scorpion Offline
WOW~~~
I am truly in shock. Thank you SO very much for helping me to build one of the houses. You are all extremely generous and very kind. I would love to send you all thank you notes so if you would not mind e-mailing me your addresses I would really appreciate it. My e-mail address is

coloradogatorgirl@hotmail.com.

Once again, thank you so much.
~Anne

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 54 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,062 Topics
462,318 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.