Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#139732 - 10/25/01 05:05 AM AA DFW to Belize
pnowell Offline
American is offering DFW-Belize for 285 RT.
Departing Nov 1 or 2 at DFW and departing Belize Nov 5 or 6. Must be booked by Oct26.
For more info check out the American fares specials.
This is great for anyone able to join the relief benefit Nov 3.

#139733 - 10/26/01 02:28 AM Re: AA DFW to Belize
ScubaLdy Offline
American called me on Tuesday to inform me that they have cancelled a lot of their flights from DFW to BZE. Of course mine was one of them. They rerouted me through Miami. Now that wouldn't be bad but I can't got direct from SFO to MIA -- no, I have to go through DFW! Go figure? When I booked my flight last month there were only two seats available from DFW to BZE. Must have had a lot of cancelations.
Now, instead of leaving at 6 in the morning I have to leave at midnight and make two plane changes. I'll be exhausted when I get to BZE.
I'm working on getting so perks out of it.
BTW - they also cancelled the flights from OAKland to Miami.

#139734 - 10/26/01 06:31 PM Re: AA DFW to Belize
hunter Offline
Harriette,

AAL is code sharing with TACA. You might want to lean on them to put you all the way on TACA through LAX via Guatemala City and San Salvador to Belize. This is a much nicer way to go. TACA still serves food and American does not. If you end up on AAL take your own food. Going through MIA is ridiculous for someone from the west coast.
hunter
ps. TACA has free drinks too!

#139735 - 10/26/01 06:56 PM Re: AA DFW to Belize
Gela Offline
ScubaLady,

When are you leaving for Belize? I'm getting nervous now - I'm going on AA from CA in early December. Currently I'm scheduled on the 6amish flight from SJ to DFW then on to BZE. Back in May, they cancelled the early flight to DFW so I had to do the SFO-MIA-BZE over night and it nearly killed me.

#139736 - 10/26/01 10:22 PM Re: AA DFW to Belize
VIPER Offline
To heck with AAL, CO and the rest.....Lets see if Mexicana will fly to Chetumal and Tropic will fly from there to San Pedro!!!!
With as many of us as there are on this board we should be able to create our own schedule for them...............OK back to reality, the entire airline industry stinks because they are poorly managed. TACA does make great connections to Belize but they are among the most expensive to fly from the US. I've tried them all.

#139737 - 10/27/01 02:02 AM Re: AA DFW to Belize
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
On its Web site, AA is still showing its daily DFW flights to Belize. Don't know what's happening.

Last time I flew AA to Belize, just before the terrorist attacks, they were still serving meals and free booze, just like TACA. Continental, though, was charging for its booze. What AA says is that they have discontinued meal service in coach on DOMESTIC flights under 4 hours, but that international service remains unchanged. Again, don't know if that is in fact not the case now, or not.

I've flown each of the three airlines many times to Belize, and my experience is that service varies, depending on what equipment is used, the particular staff on the flight and other unpredictable things. One trip one airline will be great and the next time it won't be. Go figger.

I've also found that usually TACA is the most generous with booze and the most likely to lose luggage, American has the most leg room (TACA the least) and the most professional employees, Continental is the friendliest.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.belizefirst.com/

#139738 - 10/27/01 02:17 AM Re: AA DFW to Belize
rickcheri Offline
AMEN!!! They lost our's!! LOL

#139739 - 10/27/01 02:50 AM Re: AA DFW to Belize
susangg Offline
You could not pay me to fly American. Not only are they lacking in basic art of customer service, but they have total contempt for their customers. When they screw up, they try to blame it on the customers...a classic example of this is the very LAST time I ever flew American (nor ever will!): I had reservations confirmed and tickets purchased months before my flight, reconfirmed my return in Belize, etc.
When we got to the airport to fly back to the US (yes, it was more than 2 hours before departure!) they had no seats for us. Instead of admitting "we overbooked," and offering a free roundtrip ticket to anyone who would give up their seat, their desk agent said: "You have reservations but your travel agent did not reserve your SEATS. You must ask for (1) a reservation and (2) a SEAT. If you don't use the word "seat" when you reserve, you get a ticket and a reservation but there is no place for us to put you on the plane because we had no way of knowing that you wanted a SEAT!!!"
Not only that: American Airlines has a poor safety record. They have been cited and fined for illegally (and secretly) flying cargo deemed to be "hazardous materials" (not sure what they are but the FAA deems them "hazardous") on passenger flights, and have done it repeatedly despite having been previously cited (which was why their last fine was so big.) That is why sometimes you will find yourself on an American flight that is only 3/4 full, but be told that passengers must debark because "the plane is too heavy." Wonder what that stuff they are carrying is? The last time that happened it seemed strange, but then I read about the citations and fines for illegal transport of hazardous materials on passenger flights.
I personally would not risk flying on American Airlines knowing of this practice. I would spend the whole flight on pins and needles. Of course, its possible that other airlines do it too but I don't KNOW that they do; whereas American has been found guilty of doing it.

#139740 - 10/28/01 01:24 AM Re: AA DFW to Belize
ScubaLdy Offline
Susan
How's your blood pressure?

#139741 - 10/28/01 01:30 AM Re: AA DFW to Belize
ScubaLdy Offline
I love American Airlines. Just gave away some tickets on United because . . . Well, you all know how on schedule they are. I say that, having a sister who has been a flt. Attendant (I occasionally still call her a "Stew", just to watch her blood pressure go up) for 39 plus years.

I think I have worked out something very much to my advantage and I will let you know how it worked out when I return.
I am leaving SFO on 11/21 and will spend Thanksgiving on Black Bird Caye. How could I be any more thankful? Will return on 11/30 just because my u/w photo clubs holiday bash is the next night and I'm Ms. Santa! (the fat lady - is that type casting?)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 34 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,058 Topics
462,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.