Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
This whole Basil Jones thing is very strange. So WHO is this corporation buying Basil Jones from? Adam Chandler? The question I asked over a month ago "Who owns the property?" Was never answered.

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
A
A
I saw this auction on the EBAY web site & thought I'd e-mail the seller just to see what would happen. Here is the response I received:
Subject:
Re: BASIL JONES RESORT
Date:
Sun, 4 Nov 2001 17:39:22 -0600
"CLARA SPENNY" <[email protected]>
To:
<[email protected]>
yes i do but it is my understanding that the resort did not open on october 1st as scheduled and now my emails aren't
being answered so I am at a loss

thanks
clara

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, November 04, 2001 2:13 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: BASIL JONES RESORT

DO YOU STILL HAVE ANY TIMESHARES LEFT AT THE BASIL JONES RESORT?
ANITA

Clara Spenny is an owner.....not a salesman for Basil Jones. If she wants to sell her timeshare on Ebay....she has a right to do so.

As to the owner of Basil Jones...

Since Mr. Chandler just disappeared off the face of the earth, it seems that it is necessary to organize this resort into some kind of entity. Ever have a person disappear before?? It's not easy to get things out of his name.
The person that has been financing this project since Mr. Chandler's disappearance has incorporated it. There is no one single person that you can string up in a tree! You can do that to Mr. Chandler if you ever find him.....just be sure and let me know when and where so I can attend!

I do not do the website for Basil Jones now and as such can not tell you what their plans are for the website. I see that the sales page is still there....but I feel certain that if inquiries are made concerning timeshare....people will be informed of the current situation.

A
A
If we still go to Ambergris Caye on Nov 24th what do you think the chances are of staying at Basil Jones Resort? Are any of the units completed? Are there any utilities? We don't really care about the pool or restaurant, we just would like a bed & roof over our heads!

C
C
Sounds to me like you should definitely make other arrangements. This appears to be a very bad situation for many, many people.

It has been said over and over again on this board: In BZ it is absolutely imperative that you know with WHOM you are dealing, get all the proper VERIFIED documents of ownership and LIENS, and use a respected LOCAL attorney in all real estate transactions.

Not surprisingly, the list of failed or corrupt real estate "deals" in BZ is a long, long list, and apparently the list has just grown again.

B
B
Scubalady
Are you really independent and desire a piece of property on north AC. If so reply because I guess you have seen the talk of improvements and access to the north. Might be time to sneak up on a deal.
bud

FYI,
Just took a couple to the Basil Jones Resort to see their investment. They made arrangements with the Island Ferry to pick them up the next day. They stayed in one of the units, and had a great time. They rented snorkel gear, and a kayak for the overnite trip. No electricity of course, but grilled on the beach. They were impressed with the units, and loved the area.
Best of luck to the investors, there is still some hope.

A
A
dolphin,
CAN YOU EMAIL ME? [email protected]
I'd like more info about doing this too. WE HAD RESERVATIONS TO GO TO THE BASIL JONES RESORT ON NOVEMBER 24TH AND
HAVE OUR PLANE TICKETS AND HAVE TAKEN VACATION TIME OFF FROM WORKIT'S A SCAREY TIME FOR
AMERICANS TO FLY & TRAVEL RIGHT NOW, BUT WE WANTED TO BE BRAVE AND
SUPPORT THE TRAVEL INDUSTRY RIGHT NOW AS WELL AS VISIT AMBERGRIS CAYE
AGAIN (one of the most beautiful places we've ever been!).
We really hadn't
budgeted for a place to stay since we already
had "paid" for the Basil Jones Resort. I guess we can't expect the new
investors to provide some place else for us to
stay????? We & our friends would be out a lot of money having to change our
plane tickets. Our friends even bought travel
Insurance, but the Insurance co says that they don't cover this type of
situation. Any GOOD advice for us?
CAN YOU HELP?
SINCERELY,
ANITA & MICHAEL TANAKA

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 312 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.