Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
OP Offline
A
My husband and I will travel to Belize in mid July for a week. We want see parts of Belize, but not feel that we have to be on the go all the time. Relax is a key word here!!

We thought of spending the first night at Jaguar Paw, then 2 nights at Maruba Spa, then on to Ambergris Caye for the remainig 4 or 5 days.

Are the Maruba Spa and Jaguar Paw similar experiences? Jungle wise, that is! We want this to be a romantic/relaxing get-away.

Thanks for any and all information!! . . judy

[This message has been edited by austintx (edited 06-11-2001).]

Jaguar Paw and Maruba are quite different types of bush. Jaguar Paw is in an area of hilly broadleaf jungle on a river. Maruba is in a low-lying coastal area (though not on the water).

The two are similar in that they both have air conditioning, are both pretty expensive and in some ways do appeal to the same market. By that I mean they do not seem to attract serious birders or those interested primarily in nature but rather those who want a fairly upscale experience.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First Magazine http://www.belizefirst.com/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks Lan!

Do you think the jungle spa in the beginning or the end of the trip? It seems the beach at AC is pretty laid back.

I'm not a spa person so I wouldn't do it at all, and if I did a spa I'd probably do the spa at Chaa Creek rather than Maruba.

But as to the beginning or end of the trip, I think it's primarily how you want your vacation to go and how you respond to things. I suspect some people could relax better at the beach and some at a spa. Ambergris Caye is very laid back, but because the beaches per se are generally not a big draw it's not like going, to, say, Anguilla, where the beaches are everything, just lying out on the beach (other of course than good food). On Ambergris, many visitors tend to be fairly active -- going on snorkeling or diving trips, walking around town, go out to different restaurants and bars, taking mainland tours, etc. So while it's relaxing in a way for a lot of people it's a fairly active relaxation, not just vegging on the beach.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
A
OP Offline
A
Thanks, Lan!

You are really a wealth of information!!!

S
S
I agree with Lan. Maruba is a lovely place but if it were me I would divide my time between AC and one other inland place. You can get massages and other spa-type services on AC -- I believe a woman is operating that type of place from Exotic Caye Beach Resort -- I think you can get more details at their web site. Also, if you take a day trip from AC to Altun Ha, you will stop at Maruba -- long enough for both lunch and a massage, mud bath, seaweed wrap, facial, etc. We did this on one trip and loved it. I did a mud bath wile my husband hung around the bar and soaked in the Japanese pool. It was very relaxing and fun, great to see the place but we did not feel we needed to spend the night. Hope this helps with the decision making!

http://www.roughwriters.com Smooth communications in all media

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 304 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.