Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#139954 11/09/01 05:22 AM
OP Offline
This is a continuation of the "Tracking Adam Down" thread.

Thanks

#139955 11/09/01 06:25 AM
Thanks? Very few have thanked you for the truth. Keep on bein' you girl! When's Venisen ready?

If you wanna find Adam... go to the Races! He's a Motor Car Freak! You'll find him at Indi or Monico!

[This message has been edited by Barefoot Skinny (edited 11-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Barefoot Skinny (edited 11-09-2001).]

PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"
#139956 11/09/01 12:05 PM
OP Offline
Yep....you're right....if you got the money to go to Monico...LOL

I'm picking up the meat from the processor today. Had deer chili last night from a previous kill. It's really good in hamburger form for things like chili and spaghetti.
Very lean.

Hope you are well and happy...
Stay cool and send me a picture!!!!! [Linked Image]

Tam

#139957 11/09/01 06:04 PM
Speakin of Monica, where she been keepin herself?

Gone fishing!!
#139958 11/10/01 06:21 AM
Bill,

Check out the cigar shop on Middle Street. She's the one in the tasteful sarong and a fashionable navy blue beret.

As usual, yer welcome.

CC

#139959 11/12/01 11:52 AM
A
A
A bit more info re:Basil Jones
There are 8 units
built but there is still quite a bit of work left inside these units. The oven
ranges still need to be purchased and installed, tile needs to be installed in the
bathroom sink areas and kitchens, painting needs to be done in some units,
electrical outlets are not installed, no light fixtures are installed, ceiling fans
and AC units need to be purchased, shipped to the site and installed, water heaters
are not installed, inside doors to the closets and pantries are no installed, and
most of the furnishings are not in.
Besides, the well has not been completed (reverse osmosis) and there is no
electricity on the site which is an issue. They will need either generators or the
builder is trying to get power from the Nova Shrimp farm next door because there is
no significant power infrastructure up at the north part of the island.

#139960 11/12/01 12:18 PM
Your description of the state of construction sounds pretty much like the property looked in early August when I visited it.

The day I was there Mr. Graniels himself was there, and his crew was doing some work -- they had not been working there for awhile because, apparently, they had not been paid.

One unit I saw in August had some bamboo furniture in it, but little else.

It sounds as if little or nothing has been done since that time.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First http://www.belizefirst.com/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#139961 11/12/01 12:20 PM
Sounds to me like we have someone working very hard on getting all of the CORRECT FACTS about the Resort. The units were not designed for, and I qoute, "oven ranges." I have purchased, and stored in San Pedro, many things including the needed electric stove tops. The electric fixtures are provided by the contractor, along with the closet doors, and ceiling fans. The tiles in the bathrooms are not done since the sinks have not been installed yet. How can you tile the counter without first setting the sink in place for the correct measurements? These are all finishing touches needed to complete the resort. If these items were installed now, with the resort not being open for business, they might have a way of getting lost.

May I suggest that, If you must report on Resort Progress, please get all of your information first hand, or at least correct!

If you are looking for employment as general manager, or project foreman, web master or maybe office worker to answer the many emails that come in, let me know. Maybe I will step aside and hand everything over to you. It's a great job! You will love it.

In the meantime, please allow me to do the job that I was hired for. Negative or incorrect reports only make the job more complex, and I need to focus my time to completing the resort, not damage control due to false information.

Gary Carlson
General Manager
Basil Jones Resort & CLub

#139962 11/12/01 01:57 PM
KC Offline
The "facts" have been distorted or not reported for a very long time. Does it surprise you that the owners are not trusting "official" releases? It's too bad, but seems that it's just the way it has to be for now. Give them some time to start trusting again.

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#139963 11/12/01 02:50 PM
M
M
Tammy! I know this off topic but I just wanted to say how sorry I was to hear about Smoky's death. I know how much this hurts since our Kitty past away the day after we got back from Belize last June. She was only 8 and had kidney failure. We will never forgett her.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 129 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.