Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#140000 - 11/10/01 04:56 PM need advice
seashell8612 Offline
Hi my name is shelly and I wanted to know if anyone could give me some advice. I am 15 years old and I am planning on moving to AC in 4 years after I graduate highschool for the summer. I went on a vacation to AC in February and I met someone there and I fell in love with him and I also fell in love with the island. Please tell me if I am dreaming a fantasy, or if it can come true. Thanks. My email is: sweetshellyp@aol.com

~Shelly~

#140001 - 11/11/01 12:16 AM Re: need advice
IslandinParadise Offline
Shelly-check your e-mail. I think you'll like what I have to say. Melissa

#140002 - 11/16/01 01:28 AM Re: need advice
jenniee Offline
I think I've replied to you before, but I'll reitterate my advice. DON'T plan your life around this guy. You are very very young and have a lot to look forward to - one thing being high school, and another - COLLEGE! GO TO COLLEGE! Not just for the education, but for the experienc - meeting wonderful new, interesting people, dating, partying, studying, making life-long friends. Do not plan your life around this boy; keep in touch with him, but do your own thing. Do not make plans around your relationship. If it's meant to be, you will eventually end up together, but if you plan your life around him, you'll miss out on so much of what life in high school and college have to offer. I missed out on the fun of my whole senior year in high school because I was pining away for my boyfriend who was in college (who, by the way, I am no longer with - I'm married to a wonderful man and am so glad I waited to get married - at age 29).
Talk to your parents about this. They are wise and can probably give you great advice and support. They can also be there for you if you don't hear from this guy again (it appears from your previous posting that he hasn't returned your e-mails for a while). If you're strong and independent and live your life for yourself, you will fair quite well!
Best wishes and good luck!!!

#140003 - 11/16/01 06:50 PM Re: need advice
Anonymous
yes, i think i relpied to you before too. ahhh, aren't we all falling in love at 15 or 16. i know i thought i was.

however, there were many boys & men since then. i too have been married to a wonderful man for many years (15, like you!). but there is still so much life for you to live and things to learn before you settle with one person.

she is right, if you were meant to be together, it will happen, but do not put others aside waiting. go to college and learn how to be a grown up first.

there are also many things you must learn to live without to live in a 3rd world country. they might not seem like much at first, but it is a difficult life, it is not like being on vacation forever. there is work, and rent, and food, and bills, and hurricanes and children all to consider. what if a storm blew thru and you lost everything you own?

i moved out of my parent's home at 19, and it was not easy. working in a supermarket for minimum wage to make ends meet was not glamorous (i had no college degree). we ate a lot of peanut butter & jelly sandwiches and spaghetti, for we could not afford any more. how will this boy support you? what if you get pregnant? what if he finds another beautiful tourist girl?

think things thru. fantasy is a wonderful thing, but it is not reality.

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 36 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.