Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
P
pedro Offline OP
OP Offline
P
Nearly three years ago I (unfortunately) came into contact with Adam and he was selling a resort that he built (maybe) in the Dominican republic.Over the bext few months we were in constant communication leading to a meeting with my family lawyers in the UK.He produced paperwork stating that he had bought 13 acres in SP(false).I then sent him a large amount of money (more than any investor) to part pay for my 50% share (the final payment was to be May 2000).
I arrived here in January and hired Tammy a week later to be the general administrator.
After a few weeks I knew that things were not as they ought to be and when I finally got hold of the lawyer and Claudio at Southwinds they told me adam had only put a small down payment on the land and that it was under contract.
The next day I told Tammy that we had been lied to and that i was not going to screw people out of their money because I felt it was an obvious scam.
Tammy stayed and I kicked the shit out of Adam in Fidos(he apparently had to have reconstructive surgery).
This was in February 2000 Tammy stayed for a further 15/16 months knowing that the resort was a lie - I will be interested in replies!

Seems to me, someone didn't do their research before sending a large sum of $$$$ C Do you think you'll ever be able to "put it in the trash", and move FORWARD???

[This message has been edited by rickcheri (edited 11-18-2001).]

P
pedro Offline OP
OP Offline
P
I do not remember saying I was intelliegent but I did not expect false paperwork.

Pedro, I truly sympathise with you. I know you are not stupid. You probably had never had a con artist do his stuff to you. I know Mr. Adam must have been one of the best. Isn't there some way you can legally get him for this? I was raised in Belize and I hate to see crooks come and make a bad name for Belize. But it's so easy to do. I'm glad you came forward with this information. I know there are two sides to every story. I have heard the other side and now this one is yours, and I believe you. All the fingers point to Adam and his cronies, who knew and supported him. I think they were all having a good time and living it up. But you know guilt has a funny way of doing stuff to you. It makes some people talk, talk, talk to explain every little detail to exonorate themselves. Well it ain't working. My momma didn't raise any fool. I may not have bought a timeshare (thank God), but I sure do like to know what goes on in my little mother country. Another thing Pedro.....I'm a firm believer of "what goes around, comes around". Don't you worry, things will work out. My granny used to say...."every day the bucket goes to the well, one day the bottom will fall out. lol

MosquitoR

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 11-18-2001).]

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
A
A
......and my mom always said, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"........

Good one Anita! the beggars are riding.....but not for long..lol

MosquitoR

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
A
A
Gary,
Is any of this true from your progress report on glentree.com?
"However, I am now pleased to announce that a new corporation, BJ Holdings Ltd, has secured an agreement to purchase the land and continue the development.

We are meeting next week in San Pedro to discuss the completion of the resort with the builder.

With the new ownership/management team in place, we are all committed to completing this project and we will continue to update the website on a regular basis to keep you informed as to developments and to deal with your queries."
Sincerely,
Anita

That's great news Anita....Thanks! Everything will be OK!!!

A
A
check out:
Vacation and Diving Adventures www.vacationswith.globaltravel.com
Nice photo of Gary!
---------------------------------------------
ALSO, DO YOU KNOW THIS THIEF? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BasilJonesBelize/message/312

[This message has been edited by ati2d (edited 11-22-2001).]

A
A
see message above!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,030
Members20,470
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.