Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Topic Options
#140281 - 11/19/01 09:10 PM How to get the most from AA (American Airlines)
ScubaLdy Offline
Made you blink with the AA thing, didn't I?
I am reluctant to say what I got from AA until I get it. So, as soon as I get back I will report. The secret is: 1) get an AA Advantage number. It doesn't cost anything and pays off big. 2) Make all your reservations ON LINE. You earn extra points. On this trip I am getting double miles. 3) Do not be set on an arrival and departure date. One day, one way or the other can make a big difference.
And remember: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.
Last year I found $454.00 roundtrip for the people I was bringing down if we left from San Francisco instead of Oakland and left on Friday at 6:00 AM instead of Sat. There was not a room to be had on A/C because of some hill Billy's big concert (LOL). Jerry somebody. So we stayed at the Ambassador Hotel at the Airport for $49 PER ROOM. John & Judy who run the place are great and his "man" took us into town to a great restaurant "Jack's" and waited while we ate, for the price of a cab one way. Then we got a van to take us to the dock to catch the 9:00 AM boat.

Once you are an Advantage member you will find all kinds of good deals.
I will report when I get back here in Dec.
Take only pictures leave only bubbles

#140282 - 11/19/01 10:50 PM Re: How to get the most from AA (American Airlines)
LaurieMar Offline
Good tip. I have been deciding if I should deal with a travel agent that never calls me back. I have an AA advantage number and it looks like it pays off.

#140283 - 11/20/01 12:03 AM Re: How to get the most from AA (American Airlines)
LaurieMar Offline
Okay, ScubaLady: I have been on AA website for an hour since I read your message. I see nothing even half as cheap as you say. Where are you looking? We are in Sacramento and will fly out of Bay Area if necessary.

#140284 - 11/20/01 03:00 AM Re: How to get the most from AA (American Airlines)
Gela Offline
thanks for your tip. I have an AA number. Matter of fact I'm flying on a frequent flyer ticket. I was really asking about your earlier comment about being routed around the country to get to BZE - you illuded to getting some "perks" for being inconvienced. I was just wondering what they were.

Have a safe and wonderful trip. I hope to meet you some day - your postings have always interested me.

[This message has been edited by Gela (edited 11-20-2001).]
Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's" frown

#140285 - 11/20/01 10:13 AM Re: How to get the most from AA (American Airlines)
NYgal Offline
Gela, We always fly American and also with our Advantage miles and there are no perks. The only time that(a perk) happeded was when we were stranded once, because of snow and they then did put us up in a Hotel, on them! It won't be a perk if you have to overnight in another city, on your way. We will be flying to Belize, with American and will have to overnight on the way home, in Dallas, and the cheapest rate we found was $715, total with taxes etc. We only had enough "advantage miles" for one ticket this time.
I might add, we fly from NY..(not the city) and the cost may differ with the distance. Plus, we have to pay for our own room in Dallas.
Scuba lady may have somewhat of an advantage for purchasing many tickets at one time for those that she takes for tours. I don't know.
But I do know it takes 35,000 miles for a ticket to Belize. That is a $35,000 in purchases on your citibank Master Card. Hope this helps.

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 23 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,632 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,697 Topics
461,210 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.