Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140296 11/20/01 07:11 PM
OP Offline
I do not have a "financial" interest in the Basil Jones project but it is obvious many do and are rightly expressing concern for their investment. Perhaps a forum specifically for this topic could be started? Maybe this would help keep the main forums more "UP-BEAT", "HAPPY" and "INFORMATIVE" like they are meant to be?

[This message has been edited by cold in canada (edited 11-20-2001).]

#140297 11/21/01 12:24 AM
if someone would like to start a basil jones forum on another website, i would be happy to link to it.

i pay for this bandwidth, and i have no interest in paying for a bitch board for the screw ups of basil jones.

#140298 11/21/01 12:44 AM
KC Offline
Marty,

<<<applause>>>

I want our fun board back!

*stomping feet and clenching fists in my best tantrum-throwing pose*

[Linked Image]

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#140299 11/21/01 02:34 AM
I thought there was a website already. The address for it had been posted here, and there have been conversations from that site brought over here. Since it already exists why can't people just go over there and talk, bitch or whatever about BJR at that site?

I can certainly understand people wanting information, but since it is available at the other site, aren't they better served at the other site. Blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada

Take it outside, folks.

A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#140300 11/21/01 12:35 PM
I think it's finally time that the people who use this board are informed that this message board is and was always privately owned, and that no one has the right to post anything they damn well please. Who do you think pays for this board? The advertisers on the web site Ambergriscaye.com pay for it. Geez, I wouldn't have thought that was too dificult to figure out.

Maybe more guidelines are needed in writing at the time they register, so every new member knows what is what.

Rudeness, flaming, and abuse of any kind is wasteful and stupid on this board. It accomplishes nothing and doesn't have anything to do with the reasons Marty set up the message board.

End of ramble.

I would like to say that I am so glad that all administrators including me have been relieved of their duties. I and others took great pains to see that no one was unfairly treated in editing or deleting of messages. I guess some did not. It was a big responsibility but it got out of hand possibly due to some personal agendas.

Marty, I wish you all the best for the future. You deserve it for the massive effort you have put forth to improve tourism and assist the people of AC.

I'll tune in once in a while to watch.
Jim

**Jim
#140301 11/21/01 06:26 PM
OP Offline
Sorry! I wasn't aware of the financial aspect of the board! I certainly understand your position Marty. From what I have read, I for one think you are a VERY understanding & patient person. I applaud your efforts and fully respect your stance on this subject.

#140302 11/24/01 07:33 PM
B
B
This board is fun!

Let's count the ways that we could get back at Adam!

I am going to New Orleans next month I could have a hex placed on him

I wish Adam would have at least greased me up before raping me

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 300 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.