Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline
I promised some of you that, after I got back from my trip, I would tell you how I get the best deals on airfares.
As I mentioned, I signed up as an AA Advantage member a year ago. It costs nothing and has wonderful benefits. When I plan to go someplace I try not to lock myself into specific departure dates. For this last trip the best I found was leaving on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Since I had to be back for an event here on Saturday, Dec. 1st, I found a return the day prior (Friday). Whenever you can avoid flying on the days everyone else does. I have even opted to spend a night at the Embassy Hotel at the Belize City Airport ($49 per night per room) in order to save a lot on the airfare. Then I can get out to A/C first thing the next morning.

On this trip, after selecting a RT flight for $515 (includes tax) AA called to tell me they had canceled their weekday flights from DFW to BZE and routed me through MIA (SFO-DFW-MIA-BZE). Instead of leaving at 6 AM I had to leave right after midnight. I complained about not being able to get any sleep with this schedule and tried to get them to upgrade me. I got passed through a number of people, all who said NO. I called back the next day and still got a no. Remember, if at first you don't succed, try, try again. The following day they had an announcement on the Advantage board about upgrading for as few as 25,000 miles. I called again and explained that I only needed 1st class outbound and would they use my 17,000 miles? He said yes, but it only took 15,000. GREAT SERVICE!

On my way back at the Belize airport I showed them all my papers and they upgraded me for the two legs coming back (BZE - DFW = business class, DFW - SFO 1st class). There were only two of us with two flight attendants on the first leg, second leg had only 2 empty seats and they have not taken anymore of my bonus miles.

I've heard a lot of complaints about problems getting film through without being scanned. Maybe I'm just lucky but I simply place all my film (in zip lock bags) along with my keys and loose change in the basket, saying nothing. Never had a problem. I've watched people approach the gate intent ..... (fill in the blank) they seemed to always "get hassled". One of my travel companions always expects a fight, and she always gets one. Need I say more?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
C
C
I retract what I previously said. I found a web site that talks about film and effects of X-rays. Most films are not considerably effected.
http://www.vaportrails.com/tips/photography/photoxrays.html

[This message has been edited by CoeyCoey (edited 12-05-2001).]

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 306 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.