Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#14065 08/13/01 09:28 AM
Marty Offline OP
OP Offline
The Belize Games got underway in Belize City with official opening ceremonies at the MCC Grounds Saturday Night. The games will feature all the regular sporting events and some not so "regular" like pistol shooting, dominoes and the like. The first gold medal of the games went to Ariel Rosado who yesterday afternoon edged out Quinton "the baddest" Hamilton in a 70 mile road race. The race ended at the Marion Jones Sports Complex and had six of Belize's best cyclists in a sprint to the finish. Hamilton led the sprint by a wheel up to 3 yards before the tape then in celebration raised his hands and Ariel responded by going around and beating Hamilton in a photo finish. The officials had to review the tape before giving the final decision. Rosado should have been in Guatemala now representing Belize in the Under 23 Tour de Guatemala but last week the Guatemalan Cycling Federation informed the Belize Cycling Association that Rosado would not be allowed to participate in the tour because he was too young. International Cycling Rules define Under 23 as being 19-22 years old - Ariel just turned 18 this year.Latest reports from Guatemala are that Shane Vasquez of Belize placed third in the first stage of the race behind a Guatemalan and a Costa Rican.

#14066 08/17/01 05:57 PM
Hi Marty: Everyone seems to be at the surface lately, and I'd like to asure you that YOUR efforts are apprechiated. Its funny how such a laid back place like San Pedro creates such emotion. I read that you had played a little soccer, so I'd assume that your back is better. Take care: Bill PS. I thought that the "Coconut Shell Cup" thread was really close to "da line".

Gone fishing!!
#14067 08/18/01 07:46 AM
oohhh.....i really want to go there and teach gymnastics....to have the first olympic Belizean gymnast would be a dream. Do you know if there is any kind of facility inland that teaches the sport???

#14068 08/18/01 06:20 PM
Plenty of parallel bars on front street. I don't know of any gymnastic programs are in Belize, but I'd agree with ya, it would be great.

Gone fishing!!

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 278 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.