Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#140680 - 12/16/01 04:12 AM questions for ac residents
Anonymous
Hi guys,
I am planning a little party while in Belize next month. I would like any party ideas you may have. I also want to have little goody bags for our guests. Any suggestions? Preferably something that isn't available on the island. Preferably small items, easy to pack...
Thanks!

#140681 - 12/16/01 02:58 PM Re: questions for ac residents
Sandshaker Offline
LOL.....go to the Dollar Store now before you go!!!
Get lots of goodies and then throw in some tropical stuff when you get there!

Sounds fun!

#140682 - 12/16/01 06:53 PM Re: questions for ac residents
Anonymous
Sandshaker, Could you be a bit more specific? What kinds of items? I don't want to get stuff they can get there. (Note: I have children's items already, only need ideas for adults).

#140683 - 12/16/01 07:25 PM Re: questions for ac residents
jsbfan Offline
The things I get requests for are CDs (they have MTV and other music cable channels, so what's popular here is popular there), waterproof watches, logo tee shirts and tank tops like Nike and Tommy, and food (not because they don't have it, but because it's so expensive!).

#140684 - 12/16/01 10:03 PM Re: questions for ac residents
Sandshaker Offline
When you say goodie bags.....like how much are you talking about spending for each bag?

Most stuff they like can be purchased there...of course you know this by now...you're practically a resident now!....LOL

The cost issue is a big thing...always!

I would say for women you couldn't go wrong with odd and end kitchen gadgets, packs of Dish cloths and kitchen towels...cheap at Walmart...$5 for a dozen usually, bath items, hair things, cosmetics, even knick knacks for their homes. There is no end to knick knacks at a place like Dollar Tree or a similar Dollar store. Maybe some nice stationary...you don't find that much.

Men on the other hand.....hmmmm....LOL
Fishing items is good...although not all men fish believe it or not....but a good supply could come in handy. Toiletry items..after shave,etc. Tennis shoes are good...but that could get a little pricey for a goodie bag I would think. T-shirts...you can find those sometimes at K-mart and Walmart 3 for $10.00...I would get large and XL...most like them baggie..maybe a few mediums for the little guys. Ball Caps or how about a belt...didn't see many of those. You could always throw in some tool items too....those are plentiful at Dollar Tree also....screwdriver sets...plier sets....etc.

Men are hard to buy for...maybe some of the men here could throw their 2 cents in....LOL

Don't forget the El-Cheapo gift bags while you're at the Dollar store!

OK....I'm runnin out of ideas....somebody else will have to chip in now....LOL

[This message has been edited by Sandshaker (edited 12-16-2001).]

#140685 - 12/16/01 10:41 PM Re: questions for ac residents
Chloe Offline
Ibanole, you probably could use the same items in a goodie bag, that you might use here in the states for a party. Good little food items,chocolate candy, nuts, cookies and etc. You can find most things in San Padro, just limited in variety and price.

#140686 - 12/16/01 11:27 PM Re: questions for ac residents
We_Belize Offline
When we were in SP last time a lady had just brought some rye bread back and was passing out a couple of slices to everyone. Everyone loved it. Apparrently they can't get any rye bread or rye flour.

[This message has been edited by We_Belize (edited 12-16-2001).]

#140687 - 12/17/01 04:05 AM Re: questions for ac residents
Anonymous
Great ideas. We are going to have a chinese gift exchange. Draw numbers, when we get to your number, you get to either chose your bag, or go get someone else's loot (if you like that better). I want to have some pretty good stuff. I even thought about some bath and body works, maybe jelly belly's, but I love the idea of little kitchen and tools. If you think of something else, please let me know. We are leaving in about 2 weeks.
THANKS!!

#140688 - 12/17/01 05:09 AM Re: questions for ac residents
margarita Offline
All my Friends like me to bring them Sunglasses!

#140689 - 12/17/01 05:09 AM Re: questions for ac residents
margarita Offline
All my Friends like me to bring them Sunglasses!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 21 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,672 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,021 Topics
462,212 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.