Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
roberts sounds nice how far is it away? other recomendations? no farther than 1mile or less from town? plan on staying 2 days and 1 night

Understand that there is no "town" on the Placencia, peninsula, just two small villages, Placencia village and Seine Bight village.

Blanaceanux's Turtle Inn is the cloest "nice resort" to Placencia village. Next closest is Kitty's and then the one-suite but very nice Mariposa.

Rum Point is just north of the airstrip, and then coming into Seine Bight there are several resorts including Robert's Grove (easily the best of the penisula resorts), Miller's Landing and Luba Hati, which may or may not be open this fall.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First http://www.belizefirst.com/

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND THAT YOU LOOK INTO THE GREEN PARROT AT MAYA BEACH. ASMA AND DAVID ARE WONDERFUL HOST AND YOU CAN STILL FIND YOUR WAY TO SEINE BIGHTE OR PLACENCIA VILLAGE DAILY VIA THE LOCAL TAXIS. I WAS TOLD THERE IS A BUS SERVICE BUT THEIR SHEDULE ISN'T VERY DEPENDABLE. GOOD LUCK!!!

YA CAN'T PUT A PRICE ON A GOOD TIME
The Green Parrot I think is fine, though it's been about 2 years since I stayed there myself. However, it's way up at Maya Beach and a minimum US$15 taxi ride one way to Placencia village. The shuttle up the peninsula is an off-and-on thing. It was off when I was there recently. If you have a car Maya Beach is a good choice, less so if you are dependent on expensive taxis.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
L
L
Is there a part of the Placencia peninsula that has nicer beaches? Trying to pick out where to stay and want a middle of the road hotel, on the beach. Will have a car, but do not want to be too isolated.

B
B
Hi again. Maya beach sounds like your kind of place. the resorts take turns with different night BBQ, etc. The Mango bar [is that right] is a world-class beach bar right in the middle of the the 3 mile or so Maya beach. Not a ton of nightlife but plenty of activity and interesting locals and travelers. about 7 mile from placencia.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 283 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.