Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#140890 01/02/02 03:55 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I ordered an underwater video from Joe Miller Photography about 4 weeks before Christmas. The video never came. I tried to e-mail Mr. Miller but got no response.

Is he still around? Has anybody else had a problem?

I was really disappointed. This was to be a Christmas present for my friend who will be diving with me in Belize next month.

Debbie and Mark
Indiana, US
#140891 01/02/02 04:31 PM
Mark,

You'll probably have a bit better luck posting this on the Message Board. If Joe was MAILING that from SP you might get it in time for next year's trip.

#140892 01/02/02 05:00 PM
Where did you find information for ordering this? My understanding is that Joe is no longer doing commercial u/w photography.
If you do not get any satisfaction soon you may want to order one from Belize Underwater Photo. If you can't find her e-mail let me know and I'll find it for you.
Harriette

PS: How did you pay for this? Did the charge come through?

Harriette
Take only pictures leave only bubbles
#140893 01/02/02 05:25 PM
While Joe is no longer doing custom or day charters he still markets his video of Underwater Belize which is compilation of video he has taken in the many many years filming underwater Belize.

I know Joe was away for the Holidays and not sure if he is back yet but I will certainly let him know there may be a problem here.

I am sure joe will rectify the situation as soon as he catches up with his mail after the holidays.

all the best

Gaz Cooper
Gaz Cooper's DIVE BELIZE www.divebelize.com

#140894 01/02/02 11:24 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks, guys, for your responses. Debbie was absolutely petrified of diving. In order to please me and to enjoy something in common with me, she took it up.She passed all of the book work in Indiana and did her open water dives in a quarry in Ohio. It was horrible, but she did it because she knew it was important to me.

Last November we were scheduled to fly to SP to relax and to dive. The hurricane came and our trip was cancelled. Instead, we went to Cozumel. We enjoyed it throughly, but it was anticlimatic for her, because we had planned on being in SP.

Now that our trip to SP is only about a month away, she is getting nervous. She has heard that the diving is world class, and she is afraid that she will not be up to the challenge. I was hoping that this video would show her how beautiful diving in Belize could be and that she would re-build her enthusiasm. So I was disappointed when it didn't come.

Thanks for all of the reponses. Hopefully we will evenually get the video. We are still looking forward to our trip.

Debbie and Mark
Indiana, US
#140895 01/03/02 09:34 AM
Mark,

We are about 2 hours south of you. We have a video of a two tanker that was shot in BZ 4 weeks ago that we would be happy to share with you. Mrs "CC" is the diver and has over 50 dives in BZ the last 2 1/2 years. This video was professionally done and is really quite amazing. If you feel like it post an email address and I will get in touch.

#140896 01/03/02 11:19 AM
M
OP Offline
M
ChooChoo, that would be great. My e-mail is [email protected]

Debbie and Mark
Indiana, US
#140897 01/03/02 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
ha ha!! i am just amazed that someone (no names) hasn't come on here to say that the diving ISN'T world class, that it sucks. that we all must be newbies. hmmmm. are they mellowing in their old age???

mark, seriously, the diving is really good. i'm just fooling, as many "expert" divers have expressed their disappointment at diving AC. this always amused me, because my husband absolutely LOVED the diving on AC. he is no expert, but just enjoys diving. i do not dive. he did 9 dives in 7 days in '00, and loved them all.

he liked turnefee atoll best. it was a long boat ride, but the best dives. dolphins and everything.

have a great time.

#140898 01/03/02 01:32 PM
KC Offline
Mark,
Tell your friend to relax! <g> She has done exactly what my daughter did... did her classwork here in Oregon, and went on two dives in a cold, muddy lake (visibility zero). Then she took her first "real" dive in Belize, as a real beginner. We went with Barefoot, and she had an instructor/dive master one-on-one, while a friend and I had a snorkeling guide just to ourselves. She said that her anxiety took about one minute to resolve, and she felt totally at ease and comfortable for the remaining hour or so. The water was warm, clear, and the scenery beautiful. She is hooked, and can't wait to get back and do it again.

Good luck on your trip. Hopefully it will come off without a hitch this time.

K

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#140899 01/03/02 08:01 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Thanks everybody. I hooked up with ChooChoo, and he has a video for me. Debbie has read these responses and she can't wait to get down there. She's putting her dive skin on now, and we have a month to do.

Debbie and Mark
Indiana, US

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 268 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.