Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#140947 01/03/02 10:33 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hi Jane in PA,

I guess that I may be that person you so dearly remember, am I right?

"ha ha!! i am just amazed that someone (no names) hasn't come on here to say that the diving ISN'T world class, that it sucks. that we all must be newbies."

But now that you mentioned it the diving really does suck there. As you might remember we only got out to the atolls once and the bad conditions made for low vis and some surge. But with better conditions I could see that the diving could be much better at the atolls than we experienced. But any way you dive it the diving around AC will never be 'world class' the coral is not there and will not be for many many years to come.

"hmmmm. are they mellowing in their old age???"

Not really, just not the time or the anger anymore. I just stop in now and then and
check out a few threads that catches my eye. And since this was titled 'Underwater Video' I checked it out, as I do like to take underwater photos. I guess you folks are still a little POed as I am still showing up in your post. hehehe

On another note, I was wondering since it's the windy season in BZ in April when we were there, does anyone know what the weather in Utila and Roatan are like in June? We will be going there for two wks.

Flame on...

OH, one more comment. I always did wonder why so many people defended the diving in AC, but in thier next breath admited they do not even dive. I guess they read to many 'Skin Diving' mags...

#140948 01/03/02 11:37 PM
KC Offline
<sigh>

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
#140949 01/04/02 12:31 AM
D
D
what the heck?

#140950 01/04/02 01:46 AM
check the topic on "underwater video" ...that is where Idaho-diver is comming from.

MR

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 01-03-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Mosquitorose (edited 01-03-2002).]

Love is a many splendid thing and food runs a close second.
#140951 01/04/02 09:51 AM
Hey Idaho. I seem to remember you posting some pics awhile back. Was that you? Very good pics if I remember correctly. No matter. My perceptions of the dives I did in the atolls was that they were very good. Outside the reef off of AC, mildly amusing. Inside the reef, time killers.
You want suck, you go to Akumal, you go to Isla Mujeres, you go to western PR. You want major suck, you do the lakes of Minnesota. Since I don't spend the major part of my vacation diving, there are other factors in choosing a spot. To each his own.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
#140952 01/04/02 10:27 AM
Hey Idaho Diver
Instead of reading topics such as "Underwater Video" I think you should perhaps read topics listed as "ATTENTION ASSHOLES" for I feel that would be a much more appropriate topic for you to indulge in. Why would someone come on to a board just to try and [#%!] people off? Get a life there loser and I hope you are freezing your sorry ass off in Idaho where you should stay.

There is only one cure for baldness. It was invented by a Frenchman. It is called the guillotine.
#140953 01/04/02 10:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Bobber,

Yes I did post my pics, they are still on this site.

While in Akumal did you do the cavern and cavediving? I have seen some pics of the Cenote diving there, so you are saying not good?

I do know about sucky diving, as Idaho is no diving hot spot either.

To each thier own as you say...

#140954 01/04/02 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
hey idaho. nothing personal, mon. i just like to stir the pot a bit, now & then. see if i can get a rise; strictly for my own amusment. i guess i did.

really, i was one of ther first to say that everyone has an opinion, and i stand by it. no problem.

i am not saying it is or isn't world class (as i am the last to know), just amused that the original comment went by without a blink. ya came down so hard last time, i was half expecting it! i was like, 'oh my, someone said this without someone else freaking on them'???

yep, i don't dive. i listen, tho. f is still a novice, under 30 dives. he has done sucky dives (pa's cold, sucky quarries aside). he didn't at all care for cozumel or st croix, and said cayman's were just ok. but the really enjoyed most of the AC ones. he would do it again in a flash.

now, that all said, most folks here aren't really looking for world-class. they are looking for "good", the best around the area of convenience, and some decent chow. realistically, most of us aren't gonna make it to madagascar or bora bora in our lifetimes. it is ok sometimes to settle on "pretty good".

again, i'm not looking for a fight, just smacking the beehive with a stick, just to see what would happen.

guess i got stung!

#140955 01/04/02 12:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Hey Zeke!!!
Don't mince any words do you? That's OK, we don't want any a$$holes on our island, do we? I think our diving is just perfect for those of us who love AC!

#140956 01/04/02 03:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Anonymous
A
Jane in PA,

I think you know I didn't take it personal, didn't even attack you (hope you didn't take it that way). I just thought it would be fun to stir the pot also. So what do you think we work together? You stir the pot and I'll turn up the heat, it'll be fun. LOL...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 276 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.