Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#141621 - 02/07/02 03:03 PM Looking for good accomodations
paul80424 Offline
We are planning to go to San Pedro from 5/13-5/23. Anyone know of some decent accomodations? We are looking for something on the beach, with a pool, a bar, and has a great view for sunset.

Thanks in advance.

#141622 - 02/08/02 10:21 PM Re: Looking for good accomodations
denverdan Offline
Hi paul80424,
I would check out the lodging area on this site first. Narrow down your choices by $, north or south, amenities offered,...
ya know what you may like. Then have a few choices to pose for folks to critique for you.
Hope this may help.

#141623 - 02/08/02 11:17 PM Re: Looking for good accomodations
seashell Offline
It is a bit more difficult to find a place with a great sunset view since virtually all of the hotels are on the beach which faces east.
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#141624 - 02/08/02 11:41 PM Re: Looking for good accomodations
denverdan Offline
Yeah... that too. lol

#141625 - 02/10/02 09:53 AM Re: Looking for good accomodations
If you want to be in the center of the town, you might want to try Ramon's, Sunbreeze, Royal Palms or Mayan Princess. They are all very nice.

Wendy A.

#141626 - 02/10/02 09:54 AM Re: Looking for good accomodations
Sorry, the Mayan Princess doesn't have an inhouse bar, although you will be close to several bars. The Yacht Club is nice too.

Wendy A.

#141627 - 02/10/02 01:55 PM Re: Looking for good accomodations
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
Just to clarify, Royal Palm, a timeshare, is at the south end; it's The Palms that is at the edge of town.

--Lan Sluder
Lan Sluder/Belize First

#141628 - 02/11/02 04:33 AM Re: Looking for good accomodations
amybeth Offline
My husband and I are coming to Ac for the first time as well same time you all will be there. We are traveling with another couple. After many days of researching accomodations we have decided to stay at The Belizean Shores. I have not heard much about it on the message board but I think it is cause it is new? Please note that I am not making a reccomendation just sharing where we have decided to stay and the amenities that I know they have. It is my understanding that they are located 3.5 miles north of San Pedro. The accomodations are one bedroom condominiums which includes bathroom,kichen,living room and a/c. There is a beautiful pool on site or so it appears to be beautiful from the pictures of it on their web page http://www.belizeanshores.com/. There is not a bar as of yet but apparantly one is under construction and should be completed by the time we arrive but if not from the island map it looks as if we are close to some other bars like The Palapa Bar as well As Captain Morgans. We have been quoted a rate of $107.00 per night tax included and the seventh night is free this is a special that they have been running- 20% off accomodations and the seventh night free! After the research that I have done it seems to me that this is one of the best deals going for what you get! I guess we will see in May hopefully it will be a wonderful experience! Maybe we can get together and enjoy a beliken that week!

#141629 - 02/11/02 09:38 AM Re: Looking for good accomodations
Marty Offline
actually, Royal Palm is NOT a timeshare. They tried that several years ago but gave up on it.

thanks to a friendly helpful voice for that lil bit of into....

#141630 - 02/11/02 09:53 AM Re: Looking for good accomodations
coconutlady Offline

Belizian Shores will be great. We've been there twice, as well as some friends. That is supposed to be the largest pool in the country, certainly the newest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,631 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,679 Topics
461,169 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.