Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#142221 - 03/30/02 04:04 AM Support the Wave Dancer victims
tomjoad Offline
Dear Friends

If you are as troubled and disgusted as I am about the death of 20 Belizeans and Americans who were drowned on Peter Hughes Wave Dancer, please support Cyber Diver's CDNN ACT NOW campaign.

Apparently, government officials have already given permission to Peter Hughes to operate another boat in Belize as if nothing happened.

The CDNN ACT NOW campaign has an online form letter that you can sign and send to government officials in Belize and the US with just a click. It also contains some interesting articles about the tragedy, and an interview with a victim's relative.

To send the letter, go to:
www.cdnn.info/act-now/act-now.html

Browse the site to read other material on the Wave Dancer

Thanks

#142222 - 03/30/02 06:43 AM Re: Support the Wave Dancer victims
Richard Chambers Offline
I wouldn't worry, if Peter Hughes and his alleged "mismanagement" of the Wave Dancer,or his crew, are recognized, neither he or his money will survive! Time will tell on this issue.
Richard

[This message has been edited by Richard Chambers (edited 03-29-2002).]

[This message has been edited by Richard Chambers (edited 04-02-2002).]

#142223 - 03/30/02 07:17 AM Re: Support the Wave Dancer victims
JmHanna Offline
I have no comment except,(I usually have one so why would today be any different?)Manateewatch-give me an email address as you desperately need some enlightening.
Jim

[This message has been edited by Pier Lounge (edited 04-05-2002).]

#142224 - 03/30/02 09:14 AM Re: Support the Wave Dancer victims
seashell Offline
There are, of course, questions as to the handling of the Wave Dancer at the time. Regardless, it should be noted that Cyber Diver is not noted for being an unbiased outfit.

#142225 - 03/30/02 05:51 PM Re: Support the Wave Dancer victims
manateewatch Offline
Dear Jim of Pier Lounge

Having read the almost completely factually 100% wrong garbage you put here
I did a search of your other posts on this board. Many of them consist of you telling other people to shut up. So, why don't you already?

You constantly claim to be a champion of the message board etiquette but you always break the rules of politeness that Mr. Marty has posted, even to the point of physically threatening other board members when you don't get or don't like their jokes.

You even started a post a few weeks ago that was completely off the wall and in left field about the soma151 lunatic threatening YOU but begged Mr. Marty to remove your own thread after 16 or 17 replies. What is wrong, did you not like the heat in the kitchen you built?

And you are such a liar. To the best of my belief we did not lose 10 people in the whole country of Belize during Hurricane Keith, let alone 10 of "YOUR" personal friends. Did your construction "business" or bar go out of business because of Keith? No, far from it. So you did not lose your livlihood as you claim.

I went through Keith as well and I looked my wife in the eyes and said "Everything will be fine." You try not to scare the ones you love.

And as for the Wave Dancer sinking during Hurricane Iris: every thinking Belizean knows that the captain of the Wave Dancer made a careless life threatening decision. He should have taken the offers of free bus evacuation provided by caring, concerned Belizeans to secure shelters on dry land he was offered. His passengers and crew paid for it. The Aggressor captain made the same stupid choice and got lucky.

So, Pier Lounge Jim, next time you post your negative rudeness on this board try to make sure that at least you won't be caught in a bare faced lie and make sure you get your facts right.

For everyone else, if it is important and relevant and you want to put it here don't let Pier Lounge Jim and his kind stop you.

#142226 - 04/02/02 12:29 AM Re: Support the Wave Dancer victims
Bob Goodman Offline
Seashell's comment: "There are, of course, questions as to the handling of the Wave Dancer at the time."

And in the diving world, Cyber Diver is the only one asking those questions. If that kind of commitment to public safety is the Cyber Diver bias, PLEASE GIVE US MORE OF THE SAME!!!

I am supporting the CDNN ACT NOW campaign because Cyber Diver is right: Allowing someone who is under investigation for criminal negligence in the deaths of 20 people to continue doing business as if nothing happened is reprehensible.

#142227 - 04/02/02 12:55 AM Re: Support the Wave Dancer victims
seashell Offline
So your attitude is hang 'em first and then determine their guilt?

Ya know Bob, I don't think I've seen you post here before. It is only now in support of Cyberdiver that you show up. I'll give you as much validity as I do that biased rag.

#142228 - 04/02/02 02:45 AM Re: Support the Wave Dancer victims
Debbie Offline
Forgive my ignorance....
I don't include Belize in the group labeled, "backwards third world country" so I find it puzzling.... Does Belize NOT consider someone innocent until PROVEN guilty??? NOt judging either way, for I have insufficient information here, but I am curious....
Debbie

#142229 - 04/02/02 03:15 AM Re: Support the Wave Dancer victims
karin Offline
According to the letter posted on Cyber Diver website, we should all stop going to Belize until the Belize government honors their requests. Sorry but I believe Belizean people deserve better. I never had the slightest problem diving with Belizean divemasters, and will keep doing it. Maybe instead of boycotting Belize, they should focus on Peter Hughes....

#142230 - 04/02/02 03:15 AM Re: Support the Wave Dancer victims
Bob Goodman Offline
From Seashell: "So your attitude is hang 'em first and then determine their guilt?"

Don't be stupid. My attitude is thoroughly investigate 'em and if there is evidence of criminal negligence, proceed accordingly. If that is what you call 'bias', I take it as an honor to be included with Cyber Diver and anyone else you want to bash for supporting the families by demanding a thorough investigation rather than a whitewash.

Seashell: "Ya know Bob, I don't think I've seen you post here before. It is only now in support of Cyberdiver that you show up. I'll give you as much validity as I do that biased rag."

My post is in support of the families of the 20 people who died aboard Wave Dancer including one of best friends.

Don't allow your love for Cyber Diver to poison your mind. This is about the victims and their families--not about your bias against the one scuba magazine that has actually covered the tragedy. Talk about bias? The other scuba magazines either ignored it altogether or published Hughes' freak accident press releases and nothing else. Is that what you prefer?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (RedRover, Marty), 43 Guests and 7 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,675 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,057 Topics
462,300 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.