BelizeNews.com BelizeSearch.com BelizePhotographs.com Lodging

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Hi Everybody,
Two novice divers are coming to C.C. next week. Who do you advise to dive with for someone who still needs a bit of babysitting?
Also, we'll be stuck in the Houston layover. Can anyone recommend a hotel?
Thanks so much in advance,
Mary and Rick

Mary and Rick
R
R
Before I answer that question, please answer mine, how much do you want to spend, how much time do you have and what time is your flight out the next morning? Rocio

I stayed here in July during my layover.
$45US (single), has a pool, shuttle service, and complimentary breakfast. Rooms are big and clean, service is excellent. http://hotels-rates.com/hotels_reservations/property/171422

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Guys,
Thanks for your replys, but at the last second, we got a flight with AA for only $40 more than the Continental one AND we just booked it THIS morning to leave Toronto for Belize TOMORROW morning, with no nasty overnighter anywhere!
We still want to dive C.C.
Thanks, Mary and Rick

Mary and Rick
R
R
Good show guys...enjoy your holiday.

Rocio

T
OP Offline
T
Hey Rocio,
Cool!
Mary and Rick

Mary and Rick
R
R
Hey Guys, let us hear about your trip!

Rocio

[This message has been edited by Rocio (edited 11-15-2001).]

T
OP Offline
T
Hi Guys,

We just got back on Tuesday night, and we had a great time - best trip to Belize yet! We spent about 5 days in Caye Caulker at the Seaview (nice spot,but a little noisy from the construction going on nearby).Fred is a great innkeeper.
We did a day's diving with Frenchies and really enjoyed it. Our divemaster was Alex, who made our group of novices feel very comfortable in the water. We saw all kinds of great stuff out at Hol Chan - BIG green moray, eagle rays, stingrays groupers, etc. The second dive was at Amigos' Wreck, and we saw a good sized nurse shark and our first wreck.
Then we popped over to Ambergris, and stayed at the Blue Tang Inn - very nice staff and accomodations, we'd recommend it to anyone. We had a day's dive with Amigos del Mar, who were extemely helpful, since I was having a mild freakout about the waves being a bit choppier than the last dive. Thanks Mike - you really made me feel much safer in the water! We dove San Pedro Cut and Cypress Gardens. There were tons of little fish we'd never seen before (even a small cleaning station), a turtle (Hawksbill I think) munching away on the coral, completely unbothered by our presence.
The food was great everywhere, of course. Burritos and BBQ at BC's, stone crab at Jerry's Crab Shack. There was the Miss Garifuna Pageant one night , and a fun Punta band at Crazy Canuck's.
We also went fishing for bonefish and caught two with our guide Hermando.
What more can you ask from a vacation!

Yours Exhaustedly,
Mary and Rick

Mary and Rick

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 134 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day