Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#142915 - 03/09/02 10:08 PM drinking on AC
mountain Larry Offline
Are there open container laws on the island? Is it legal to have open containers on the golf carts and in the roads?

#142916 - 03/09/02 11:25 PM Re: drinking on AC
Chris Offline
It is now illegal to drink in public from open containers, and that includes open containers filled with beer, rum etc. while in a golf cart. Golf Carts are not considered to be licensed drinking establishments.

Of course, if this law were strictly enforced Hattieville Prison would be filled with overweight, rosy cheeked, middle aged tourists waving happy greetings to the guards and sploshing Belikin beer all over their Hawaiian shirts while zooming backwards around the exercise yard at night in their unlit rental golf carts.

#142917 - 03/09/02 11:35 PM Re: drinking on AC
JmHanna Offline
Thats why there is the 'haul-your-ass-glass'
plastic cup with appropriate cup holders in the golf carts.

#142918 - 03/10/02 05:00 AM Re: drinking on AC
seashell Offline
Does this mean, no more wandering the beach from bar to bar with beer in hand? No more walking through the town with new beer in hand?
A fish and a bird can fall in love, but where will they build their nest?

#142919 - 03/10/02 12:17 PM Re: drinking on AC
sweetjane Offline
LOL at chris!!

yeah, i would like to see how they intend to enforce THAT one!

#142920 - 03/10/02 08:40 PM Re: drinking on AC
Chris Offline
As far as I am aware there is no such thing as a legal "drink to go" anymore from a licenced bar. BUT! I doubt the police are going to worry innocent plastic cup carrying tourists too much unless they make a habit of driving their rental golf carts into the sea...the law is intended to stop the vomit drooling, beer bottle throwing, street fighting drunken behaviour amongst male youths that threatened to become a real problem here for a while.

A couple of people (ie. young men) have already been charged with public drinking and are facing fines for their trouble.

#142921 - 03/11/02 12:04 AM Re: drinking on AC
Barefoot Skinny Offline
I was approached by Belizes' Finest the other day with a Belikin bottle in my hand. They told me I was free to continue down the street for the low low price of $150BZ. I went back into the bar instead.
PS. Find out what I'm up to at www.broadjam.com/barefootskinny

Your's not in the Caye of "A"

#142922 - 03/11/02 10:14 AM Re: drinking on AC
DAMN CHRIS, you paint such a pretty picture, my cheeks are pink and I guess I am middle aged, but I am NOT overweight. But if the stained Hawaiian shirt fits, I will wear it!!!

#142923 - 03/11/02 10:29 AM Re: drinking on AC
Richard Chambers Offline
I guess if it helps solve the problems they have been experiencing, then it's not a bad idea. There is more shade in the bars and under the palapas anyway! That's where i plan to spend most of my time this summer

#142924 - 03/11/02 09:08 PM Re: drinking on AC
Johnboy Offline
Just wondering if any solid plans yet??? we got ours booked & flights confirmed....June30----July 8--,nine days of PARIDISE>>>>>>>>>>>>Looking forward to Meeting you Keep in touch,,,John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker

TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31
Who's Online
2 registered (cracked up, 1 invisible), 36 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,638 Registered Members
44 Forums
63,734 Topics
461,302 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 02:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.