Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#143243 - 03/14/02 10:20 PM Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
ErikaeanLogic Offline
Hi

It's been since last October that I had my first dive trip, and SP was the perfect launch pad for my lifelong diving adventure!

This year, I want to swim with the whale-sharks, which I hear migrate near the barrier reef off of Belize, and would love to use SP as the launchpad for this trip. I've heard that Placencia is nearer to where they migrate, but I have no idea about where to look for accomodations, etc., in that area so I am looking to see if there is perhaps a 3-day type liveaboard dive trip which originates out of SP. Wouldn't Barefoot host a trip like this?

I'd appreciate any help you all could offer .

Thanks,

Erik

#143244 - 03/14/02 10:23 PM Re: Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
M-A Gaffney Offline

#143245 - 03/14/02 10:24 PM Re: Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
ErikaeanLogic Offline
wow! that was fast !

thanks,

Erik

#143246 - 03/15/02 01:42 AM Re: Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
jkdiver Offline
Hey Eric,

How are you doing?? Did you get any good photos from the last trip? You are so lucky to be able to go again so soon. I am planning on next year.

JoAnn

#143247 - 03/15/02 05:06 PM Re: Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
ErikaeanLogic Offline
Hi, JoAnn !

I've been looking for you, can you e-mail me at

erikmessinger@hotmail.com

?

thanks ,

Erik

#143248 - 03/15/02 06:43 PM Re: Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
CAPTAIN bigzeke Offline
We stayed at Robert's Grove in Placencia last June and they were diving with them then. You can not possibly find a better place in all of Belize to stay at either.

#143249 - 03/15/02 07:19 PM Re: Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
clavin Offline
If you decide to stay in the Placencia area, definitely look into Roberts Grove. We were there a few weeks ago and were very pleased with resort. Nice staff, nice rooms, nice beach, nice pier, great restaurant, free use of bikes, kayaks, windsurfers, and sailboats.
Also, at the dive shop on the lagoon side, they can arrange pretty much any trip you would like.

#143250 - 03/15/02 07:35 PM Re: Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
GAY AND DAVID Offline
roberts grove is a fabulous place to stay, but, (there is always a but (_|_) ), i prefer to be in town. i like to run to the bakery on a whim for a pastry or get a drink or a coffee at a small restaurant. the taxi fares to town really added up. it is a bit of a walk in the heat and not much scenery on the way. if you like being out of the main stream you will love it, no doubt.
gay

#143251 - 03/15/02 11:04 PM Re: Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
jjhorner Offline
We just got back from Hamanasi, where we stayed in Hopkins. I'm so sad we were too early to see whale sharks. Let me tell you that place was a little piece of heaven. Accomodations were exceptional, the owners were great, the dive operation was first class, and you can package the whole trip to include meals, accomodations, and both land and sea adventures. I give this one 2thumbs and 2bigtoes UP!!

#143252 - 03/15/02 11:28 PM Re: Looking to do some whale-shark diving in April, can anyone help a brother out??
Lan Sluder/Belize First Offline
I second the recommendations on Robert's Grove and Hamanasi. Both places were built by the same superb Mennonite builder, Aron Lowen, and have something of the same look and ambience. The deluxe suites at Robert's Grove and the suites at Hamanasi are both terrific.

Having visited or stayed at well over 200 hotels in Belize, I think these are the two best seaside resorts on the mainland.

We've awarded Robert's Grove five stars for two years running and Hamanasi four stars plus in its first year.

--Lan Sluder
Belize First www.belizefirst.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (Marty), 110 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,674 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,056 Topics
462,296 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.