Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Rick and I are both 38 years young, have 2 four legged children....8 and 4 year old Chow Chow's-Randa and Rogue Marley. We have recently returned from our 9th trip to AC/BZ. Rick manages a restaurant, i manage hair salons. We live in Bedford, Texas-right near the DFW airport. We own land in Tres Cocos and hired Mr. Jim Hanna to build our home there, which is coming along nicely!!! So much more than we expected!!! And we're still looking for the right people that want to invest with us on AC.....we are successful managers here, but LONG to be successful managers there on AC. We don't want kids so we want to live the last half of our lives on the island!! Most people spend their lives raising kids...we want to build a successful business. (been there, done that here in the states!) We'll win the lotto soon and then OUTTA here!!! LOL....great to meet you all!!!! C&R

C
C
OK here goes. I am 33, married for 13 years, 2 kids (6 year old boy and 2 year old girl). I've had different jobs, but all related to computers. Currently I am doing quality assurance work here in Indianapolis.

I grew up in Indiana, but as a child my family took yearly vacations to the Florida Keys. At some point, the ocean stole a piece of my heart and now years later when I close my eyes I can still feel it trying to pull me back.

I spent the summer of 1990 working with my wife at Jimmy Buffet's in Key West and fishing and snorkling several times a week. Since then I've had precious few opportunites to spend time on the water.

My goal, of course, is to return to the coast (while avoiding overcrowded areas) and I am exploring my options. Belize is on my list of places to check out and I hope to visit soon.

S
S
Yup, its me, the infamous susangg...my husband (Izzy) and I are about to turn 55. We live in Fremont Calif (half way between Oakland and San Jose) with our 5 cats: Midnight, Jazz, Gus (aka CatZilla), MamaCat and Catamaroony (all except Midnight were rescues...)
I am a an attorney specializing in elder abuse and civil fraud litigation and my husband is (was, now I guess he's a "sailor") a commercial construction project management consultant.
We own 2 units in Paradise Villas, just paid off our 10 year mortgage, yippee!
My husband is about to sail to Belize (leaving Tuesday), he should get there around the first of June.
Next year, we are building a little solar powered house on an island in Panama, Bocas del Toro area and will be living down there most of the year.
Our family including my stepdaughter, Chas, a bilingual teacher in Oakland, comes to Belize a couple of times a year whenever possible. We love Belize and hope to visit more often in the future. We love the people, the music, the food, the water, the air, the sun, the jungle (everything but the political situation....)
My hobbies are hell raising, spending quality cat time, and I hope someday to write a book. Maybe sailing too...we'll see!

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
This is a cool thread!! Thanks Jane! When the other one was up here, Rick and I didn't own a computer!!! LOL....I wouldn't allow-we don't carry cell phones either. Anyway, he got himself a computer for my birthday.....really!!! But have taught myself and love having it!!!! ThANKS RICK!!! SUSANGG-thank you for rescuing your animals!!! (cats) I'm a member of PETA , SAGA and the Humane Society. We need more people like you!!! IZZY-love the name. I have a dear friend we call Ziggy....you know, "Ground Control to major Tom"... It's GREAT to meet you folks!!! C

My turn....
I must be crazy. I have to get up in less than four hours to go to the airport to head for... you guessed it... BELIZE! I have too much to do to sleep, I think. OK, so this is supposed to be personal... My name is Becky, I am Oregonian to the core, born & bred. SWF, 30, seeks... oh, sorry, wrong article. :-) HA! Seriously am single, but love it. No kids, dogs, cats, fish, or pet iguanas to speak of. Love travel more than anything. Have spent a few years living in Eastern Europe, can't wait to choose another new home - maybe sometime will head to Africa or some remote part of the world. I love languages, would love to be able to speak 10. As it is I speak two, English and Russian. I work in the marketing department of an International Relief and Development organization, which is an amazing job. Love it, and am happy as a clam. I got hooked on Belize last year when traveling with a friend, and will be SO happy tomorrow at about 3:30 (or is is 2:30?) when my feet touch Belizean soil again. I can relax, let down my guard and be free for a week.....

ChrisW,

It might be interesting for you to know that there is a VERY large contingent of Hoosiers who have been going to AC for over 20 years. We've been going for 10, 2-5 times a year. Check out www.ambassadair.com and you find three trips listed.

When you're done with that can you stop by 56th and Keystone and give my computers some "quality assurance"?

CC

K
KJ Offline
K
I'm Kathie, we fell in love with Belize in March. I am forty something, married with two teenagers and a golden retriver, living in a suburb of ST. Paul, MN. Most people complain about kids that age, we are having the time of our lives with them, no problems just allot of fun to be with. We love the water have traveled allot including Akumal which led us to try Belize. We are a family of scuba divers can't wait to get back to Belize. But our real hearts are in sailing.
Susangg, we are much like your family. My husband too is a coml contruction project manager, I manage Coml properties and portfolio's. Our retirement dream is to sail around the world starting with the carribean area. We following the log of Ithaka from Cruising World, your husband maybe interested the logs too its on the internet. Next time we are in Amber. we'll see if you are there too and get together to chat.
Wish everyone the best.

OP Offline
isn't this fun?!

C
C
CHOOCHOO,

I work at HW69 and 96th and live on Southport and HW65 (just below the 465 loop on HW65). I drive down Keystone all the time especially with the current construction on 465. On Tuedays I play Ultimate Frisbee at Broad Ripple park.

I have a special 5 pound hammer that I use to assure PC quality [Linked Image] I love those darn things...

Thanks for the info on Ambassidair. I had forgotten that they do Belize trips. I saw it once on an inflight magazine on the way to Florida. I will keep them in mind.

[This message has been edited by ChrisW (edited 05-10-2002).]

K
K
I'm Kathy and my husband of almost 6 years, is Ric. We fell in love with the island on our Honeymoon and purchased our home 2 years later. We have 6 kids between us, with our daughters wedding coming up June 15th. We have 3 big dogs. Shadow a black golden (12 years old) is blind and on insulin shots twice a day. Gunner,(13 Years old) a yellow lab with arthritis and thyroid problems on medication twice a day. Last but not least is our Dalmation (7 years old)Pepper, is our crazy one, who loves everybody. We spend more money on babysitters and Vets when we go to the island than our trips there.
We were planning a trip back in July, but Ric shattered his heel two weeks ago and will be on crutches for the next 3 or 4 months. I guess we could just throw him in the golf cart and bar hop.
Its been great to meet all the people on the island and on the message board.

Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,204
Posts500,029
Members20,468
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.