Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
#143818 05/08/02 02:20 PM
OP Offline
paluxy got me thinking:

remember this thread? it was one of the most original & one of the best...
//ambergriscaye.com/message/Forum4/HTML/000826.html

Wow, Jane - I don't remember seeing this. It was just around the time I started lurking on the board. So what do you think - you want to go for an update and then I'll follow?

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
P
P
Fantastic! I have never participated in a chat like this, I have never even "lurked" on any boards. This stuff has sucked me in, to learn about people u have never met and then to meet them in person just amazes me. Believe it or not I am actually a shy kinda girl (unless I have a panty ripper or something) so i don't really want to go first. I always thought of myself as a driver but in this chat room i guess i'm a passenger. [Linked Image] Go and I will follow!

Thanks Jane, that was fun.

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
OK then, here goes! My name is Gela and I have been watching this board since a few months before Keith visited AC back in Oct 2000.
I have lived in San Jose, CA for 21 years but my home town is Rochester, NY. I am single, nearly 48 years old (Sept.) and live with my 16 year old Blue Point Himalayan Cat named "Rhapsody in Blue"(Rhaps or "RnB" for short).
I work for IBM - have just learned that my division is being sold off as a joint venture with Hitachi, so my future is somewhat uncertain at this time (after 21 years with the company).
My hobby is traveling. I've been to several Caribbean Islands, Australia, Fiji, Tahiti, many countries in Europe, Tanzania and of course BELIZE! I'm not rich, but have managed to see all of these places on a moderate budget. To me, planning is half the fun of an adventure, which makes this message board very adictive!
I mostly travel alone, which allows me to really get to know the people and culture of each place I visit. The added bonus is meeting fellow travelers - present company included!
I am not very athletic, but love to snorkel and walk and have even done parasailing and air combat with prop fighter trainers :-)
I look forward to meeting some of you while I visit AC for the 3rd time June 8 - June 17. Can't wait to sit down, relax with a Belikin or Rum Punch (or one of CHOOCHOO's Blue thingies) and enjoy Belize!

Gela's AC Motto: "All Roads Used to Lead to BC's - Now They Lead to Hurricane's!"
P
P
Ok, here I go....My name is Sharon, I am 35 years old (36 in Dec) and have not yet managed to find my niche in life, however, I am making a great start. I am to be married 6/1/02. This will be my first, I have no kids and neither does Scott (31). I live in Paluxy, TX (via Valencia, CA FOR 7 Yrs-long story). My roots are in Cincinnati, OH where my Dad lives and my mother is buried. I am the youngest out of 6 kids. I am a student at Tarleton State University (a division of TX A & M), sophmore to be exact. My major is Pre-Vet (another long story). For a job I ride & train horses in this tiny town of Paluxy. I was a medical software salesperson for quite awhile but around my 30th birthday I got fed up with the "office" life and decided to follow my dream-HORSES! I live, breath, and eat them. Well, I don't actually eat them although some countries do! YUK! Lets see, I have two horses Gator & Cowboy, two dogs Hank & Wyatt (Hank a black lab & Wyatt a golden Lab. I was not born a country hick, but I am trying my best to become one. Hank is named after Hank Williams Jr. (singer) & Wyatt after Wyatt Earp & Roscoe (my cat) after Roscoe P. Coltrain on the Dukes of Hazard. Roscoe, he is a tom & mostly only comes home to feed. My family thinks I have lost my mind, they don't understand the whole "middle of nowhere" thing.
I think that about covers it, I would talk more about my husband but sometimes he gets a little private, so I'll let him talk when we GET TO AC!!!!!!!
Thank you all for your friendship, you all give it so freely, I can't wait to meet you all.

Sharon [Linked Image]

Hi all!!
I'm an oldie but a goodie!!! Most folks already know me on the board, but for those of you that don't..... I've been to Belize twice. Once with hubby, and once with my two boys. I'm the mother of two teen boys, whom I adore, even though the older one (17) gives me FITS!!! I live in Corpus Christi, TX and moved here about 7 months ago. I'm still trying to get used to it, I miss my old job, friends and home terribly..... I don't have any pets. I've been married to my husband for almost 12 years now, and love him to pieces. Many people on the board know me as the crazy lady with the chicken feet story... (Do a search for this one....) I've travelled some, many times to Mexico, Canada and the Carribbean and was a foreign exchange student in Greece while in high school. (Back in the dark ages)I love the water, and if I do any exercise, it's usually water aerobics. I'm most at peace while snorkeling, and can't wait to do it again next month!!! Anyone up for a night snorkel with me???? Currently, I work for the YWCA working with youth. I'll be 43 next month, and dream of travelling to Spain one day.... The end. [Linked Image]
Debbie

H
H
ohhh pleezzzz, oldie my a--. my husband and i are coming to belize for the 1st time may 21. we are in our 50's but i swear we look 25(at least in my mind) at least we act it(how sad)
wer are going to placencia for 2 days-at mariposa and then winging it --any suggestions- we love to snorkel, eat, drink ,be merry and oh yeah--the ole man live s to fish!! i hope to meet some people from the forum--i've been lurking for a couple months-- can't wait to seee all the places i've ben hearing about. also want to tube and check out some ruins.

M
M
Wow no pressure. I am the president of a small Asian Nation and owner/pilot of a fleet of jets.
No really, I am nearly 48 years young myself (June 9th). Regardless of my age I too consider myself a newlywed. Amy (vballcoachccv) were married a little over a year ago.
We are both teachers living in a small town in the mountains of Colorado called Cripple Creek about 10,000 feet in elevation.
Amy teaches elementary school here in town and coaches high school volleyball while I do the commute to Colorado Springs and teach middle school gifted and talented social studies.
We were both born in Colorado, Amy in Denver and myself in Colorado Springs.
I really hope this trip is one tenth as much fun as planning for it has been, including talking to you folks almost daily for a month now.
I swore to myself that I would never get to the point that I was telling people about pets but we have four, two dogs (Rockie and Baily) and two cats (Larry and Amy) that's right the same name as us, it's a long story and if I get really drunk in Belize I might tell you.
We are both looking forward to meeting everyone (not to mention being on summer vacation)in June.
Paluxy- Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. Drink a wedding toast to all the new friends you will meet on your honeymoon (I'll buy). Oh and by the way, I really don't own my own fleet of jets, as a matter of fact the only thing I'm not looking forward to on this trip is getting on one of those damn contraptions. YOO HOO ML

OK, I am back in. I am 54, a support engineer for a large unnamed disc drive company here in Minneapolis. My wife of 34 years (she who must be obeyed)and I, along with various family members have been vacationing in the Caribbean for the last 10 years, and San Pedro has been the location of choice for the last 3 years, planning the 4th trip in Jan for two weeks. I am a diver (along with a number of family members) and my wife is a rabid snorkeler. We fish,snorkel, dive, eat like kings and drink a lot of Belikin on vaca. My two kids are both divers, but have never been able to accompany us. Hope to change that in the near future. I have been in and out of the board for the last two years. Every trip we add a new experience to the vacation (thanks to the reports on the board)and hope to continue. I know a lot of folks on the board here are from the Minneapolis area, anyone ever tried to organize a meet and greet?

Been there, done that, the washing machine ate the T-shirt
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 291 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.