Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143944 02/26/02 02:27 PM
D
OP Offline
D
I'm interested in either Paradise Villas, Banana Beach or Coconuts would like to get feedback on any or all three.
Thanks Dave.

#143945 02/26/02 06:18 PM
My take:

Coconuts is a small somewhat motel-like palce on the beach, nice bigs rooms, friendly staff, pretty good beach, popular beach bar.

Paradise Villas is a collection of low rise (two story) one and two-bedroom condos around a pool, not deluxe but comfortable. The two-bedroom units are a bit small, I think. Units are owned and managed by a variety of different people and companies, so rates, decor, amenities, etc. vary a good deal.

Banana Beach is a 36-unit, three story condotel directly on the water, with units built around an interior courtyard with pool. Suites have bedroom, kichen, living area, very nicely furnished. The seafront units have balconies just steps from the water. The property has been so successful a new addition is going up, I think around 28 units, next door, with a new pool.

I'd give Coconuts 3 stars, Paradise Villas generally 3 1/2 stars (though the units vary a good deal), Banana Beach 4. Coconuts is cheapest, with in-season rates of about US$95 including tax, breakfast and use of bikes. Banana Beach has in-season rates starting at around US$100 including tax but the best units, seafront corner units, are closer to US$175. Paradise Villas are rented by four or five different outfits and the rates and packages are all over the board, but mostly start at around US$125 for one-bedroom.

As to location, Paradise Villas is at the north end of town, within walking distance of most everything. Coconuts is maybe 1/2 mile south of town, within walking distance. Banana Beach is about 1 1/2 miles south of town and beyond easy walking distance.

Banana Beach and Paradise Villas have pools; Coconuts does not.

As to beach, I like the one at/near Banana Beach best, though there's a low seawall right in front of the property. Paradise Villas is close to town so there's more boat activity. There is a dock near Coconuts where barges unload so that can be a bit noisy at times but most guests don't mind and at some point the dock is being moved.

--Lan Sluder

Lan Sluder/Belize First
http://www.belizefirst.com
#143946 02/27/02 12:47 PM
I've stayed at both Coconuts and Paradise Villas. Both have good things about them.
Paradise Villas is a good deal for what you get. The pool is wonderful. I think it was one of the better pools on the island. It's closer to town and a two minute walk to a grocery store. The rooms are fully equipped. I liked having a kitchen personally. Parking for a golf cart is right outside the door. The rooms are cheerful. The dock was nice for swimming. There were artificial reefs off the end so my boys could practice snorkeling before we went to the reef. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL.
Coconuts, wasn't as nice a facility, but I
DID enjoy having breakfast downstairs every morning. Sitting under a huge tree, sipping coffe, watching the dogs play, reading, was very relaxing. The rooms were very roomy. (Breakfast was included) It also had a bar on the beach. A very nice one at that. They also sent our laundry out for us, and had it back that afternoon, so you could pack very light. It was a bit more of a homey atmosphere. Cheaper too. The barge stirred up the water a bit, so the water wasn't as clear when it was moving, but it did supply an endless supply of entertainment... LOL.
Debbie

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 287 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.