Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#143947 05/17/02 12:21 PM
G
govikes Offline OP
OP Offline
G
I am trying to change my return date for the reservations I made thru Flycheapo back in Jan. I've called 4 times and have been put on hold every time and never get to speak to anyone-once got disconnected. It's a Continental Minneapolis to Hous to BZE. Does anyone know of any better way to try to do this? There is a real problem with language barrier once someone does answer the phone there..like my Spanish is a little bit rusty if ya know what I mean. I'm trying to leave BZE on a later date, and am wondering if anyone else has ever tried to do this or if you have any better ideas! Thanks!

KC Offline
Yes, I do have experience with this. I wanted to change the return date for my daughter and her friend last July. We were on Continental. I had to wait until we got to Belize to change them. They would not do it on this end. After we landed, I just went to the Continental agent and told her we wanted to change the return date. It was not a problem, but you have to pay $100.00 per ticket for the change. I don't think anyone will do it for nothing.

K

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
G
govikes Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks KC - I finally got thru to them and they want $175 & 69 for different airfare. That comes to $243 which seems like alot! Was your flight a direct one--mine has a connection - just wondering if I should wait til I get there and change then? What's the worst that could happen--hehehe, having to stay longer????

I got rescheduled last time by calling Continental in Belize City. It seems like $100US is the only thing they want. My tickets were from FlycheapOL.com. I might be doing the same soon. I'm crossing my fingers!

Gone fishing!!
S
S
ALL of those low priced discount tickets have a penalty fee if you change your dates, the minimum is $100 and sometimes its a lot higher than that.
I have had to pay it many times.
I have had trouble reaching cheapol by phone also. It usually takes a day or two to get any kind of response whether you try phone or email.
The discount shops are usually good at one thing: They have a good search engine and the purchasing process is very user friendly, but their hand-holding skills are not too good because they are just not staffed. If you want that kind of service you have to go to a full fledged travel agent like Barb's Belize and pay a little bit more.
The folks at Continental are very customer service oriented and give great phone service but I don't know how helpful they will be if you did not buy your ticket from them. I have had to change dates on low fare tickets purchased direct through their web site and have never had a problem, but always had to pay the fee. Dealing with them on their own tickets is very easy and you get through to a live human quickly.
I guess there is always a trade off: service vs. price.

Susan Guberman-Garcia, Attorney at Law. Phone: 510-792-2639
Fax/Voicemail:: 510-405-2016 Email: [email protected]
KC Offline
Yes, our tickets had connections. Portland/Houston/Belize. Plus, I did not buy the tickets from Continental. I bought them from Orbitz.com, I believe.

I say go for it... see what they will do for you in Belize City!

Kathy

"You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
I say what KC says. Call Continental in Belize and they'll change it for you, for a fee of course, but without any hassle.

Link Copied to Clipboard
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 308 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums44
Topics79,199
Posts500,011
Members20,460
Most Online7,413
Nov 7th, 2021

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.