Portofino Resort- Now with a new BEACH BAR!!
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#143957 - 02/27/02 08:05 AM living in belize
seashell8612 Offline
hi
you all have probably seen me on the message board a few times before but i wanted to post a new message. i am 15 years old and i have a dream to one day live on the island. i vacationed there about a year ago and met some friends that i would do anything to see again. one of which i fell in love with...his name is Julio Tzul and I have been trying to keep in contact with him but it is hard because he has to pay to get onto a computer so i havent heard from him in months. well anyway, for those of you who are from america and live in the island, could you please tell me about it and if it is a good life for you and is it worth dreaming about every night? because i know i do and i just would like to hear what other people from experience think. thanks!
shelly

#143958 - 02/27/02 06:36 PM Re: living in belize
Debbie Offline
Shelly,
I think I remember you from last year when you returned from your trip. I don't live in Belize, but believe me, I understand the attraction. At your age, I would imagine that you're still in school. What do you want to do when you finish? Figuring that out may be the first step in determining the answer to your question... Sorry I can't help you more. As far as your friends... Is snail mail not a possibility?
Debbie

#143959 - 02/27/02 07:17 PM Re: living in belize
seashell8612 Offline
Debbie-
Yes, I am still in school and I have 3 more years left of highschool so I am not quite sure what I want to do when I get older but I was thinking about going to college in Belize on the mainland. I also was thinking for the summer after my senior year in highschool to go down to AC for the summer or just for a few months to visit and everything. I have almost $800 saved up right now without a job but I will be working this summer.
I have tried snail mail but Julio never seems to write back to me which upsets me because I know he can write and I dont think stamps are a big money problem so I dont understand what the problem is. And with my other friends, I was too busy having a great time with them on my vaca and left early because of my parents that I didnt even get their numbers or emails or addresses. Anyone that knows just about everyone on the island, if you could help me that would be awesome! thanks guys!
shelly

#143960 - 02/27/02 08:24 PM Re: living in belize
belizeanblue Offline
From what you say about Julio, he thinks about you a whole lot less than you think about him. Time to move on. Take it from someone who is twice your age and has taught Belizean boys - and other boys - of that age group. They are all the same. Just the coating is different.

Sorry if I shattered your dreams but it comes straight from the heart. I only do it because I was also a 15 yr old girl half a lifetime ago.

#143961 - 02/27/02 08:38 PM Re: living in belize
NYgal Offline
And, what a fragile age that is.

Be careful and keep company with your friends at home. You won't regret it.
They will always be there for you.

#143962 - 02/27/02 08:48 PM Re: living in belize
BankerWoman Offline
Shelley: Please take NYgal's and belizeanblue's advice. As the mom of a 19 year old girl and a 22 year old boy (and having been a 15 year old girl once myself!) I can tell you they are right on the money. Been there and done that (more than a few times).

If the "gentleman" you long for really longed for you, he would have been in touch. There are many ways. Move on. And when you go back to AC someday, make a point of totally ignoring this young man if you should ever see him again. He's not worth another thought.

#143963 - 02/28/02 12:05 AM Re: living in belize
munichchick Offline
I just wanted to say that I think it is a great idea to live in another country for a while and do this while you are not tight down to material things etc. Finish your education first and than do what you have planed. I did this (not Belize)and don't regret it for a second. I got my business degree and than took off and traveled around the US for 2 month (Iam from Germany)ended up staying 9 month in Huntington Beach, California and and met this cute Surfer Dude (now my husband of 13 years). I was 20 when I did all this. I had to go back to Germany for 3 years but he followed and we traveled all over Europe and got married after 2 years. Now I have been in the US for almost 11 years. The only thing I do regret is that we did not live in different country's for a while before we settled down with the corporate jobs and big house payment we have now. Now we are just waiting for our next stage in life so we can take off again and live in differnt places including Belize. At least we are able to travel alot now. Do this while you are young and not have all the nice material things yet because as nice as these things are they are a ball and chain that take away your freedom. Follow your dreams! And don't have a Baby to soon because than you can't do any of this!!!There are many other great Guys out there so don't worry about that Guy. I am sure glad I did not get stuck with the first Guy I dated. You have to kiss a lot of Frogs before you find your Prince!!!!

#143964 - 02/28/02 12:49 AM Re: living in belize
GAY AND DAVID Offline
shelly, sometimes it is absence that makes the heart grow fonder. there is usually a basis to these stupid sayings. spend a while with a guy and you will find that they don't put the lid down on the toilet, they hog the tv remote, they throw their clothes on the floor, etc. if this doesn't bother you in the least - it must be truuuuue love.
gay

#143965 - 02/28/02 01:27 AM Re: living in belize
seashell8612 Offline
how would you people know if he thinks about me less then i think about him? have u ever talked to him?? if u didnt then u probably dont know. im sorry but it has been a year and i still have huge feelings for him and i have been trying ever since i got back to get over him but it just isnt working. i dont know how to explain it but i feel like we should be together.but maybe you guys are right....i guess we will just have to see in a few years wont we?
shelly

#143966 - 02/28/02 02:19 AM Re: living in belize
belizeanblue Offline
I am happy to see that you are also considering our options. Take note that it was all women who responded to you and that all of us has your best interest at heart. Good women are like that to each other. Just to try to bring you closer to the sisterhood: Reread your last post and see how many times you said 'I' and how many times you said 'we' - meaning you and Julio. If a relationship is to work, both sides must want the same thing.

My husband (then boyfriend) and I withstood a six month separation over 6,000 miles and spoke on the phone once a week and emailed everyday during that time. A letter once a month from J would let you know that he at least thinks of you.

[This message has been edited by belizeanblue (edited 02-27-2002).]

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Links
Click for excellent scuba lessons with Elbert Greer!

Things to do

News
Daily News
Daily Weather

Classified Ads
BelizeNews.com
San Pedro Sun
Ambergris Today
SP Town Council
Channel 7
Channel 5
Amandala
Love FM
The Reporter
Caye Caulker
Chronicles

PLUS TV
TV Newscasts
Radio Stations

Click for our
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites

Event Guides
Event Calendar
Specials & Events
Things to Do
SanPedroScoop
iTravel Belize
Paradise Theater

Blogs
San Pedro Scoop!
Tia Chocolate
Tacogirl
My Beautiful Belize
I-Travel Belize
Belize Adventure
Belize Hub
Romantic Travel
Bound for Belize
Conch Creative
As The Coconuts Drop
More Blogs...
Search thousands of Belizean-only websites
Chaa Creek is an award-winning luxury Belize Resort, rated as one of the worlds best Eco Lodges. We are a pioneer in adventure travel to Belize since 1981!
White Sands Dive Shop - 5 Star PADI Dive Facility - Daily diving, SCUBA instruction and Snorkeling
Caribbean Inspired All Natural Condiments & Spice Blends, Over 100 are Gluten Free!
We manage a variety of homes, apartments, condos and commercial properties here on Ambergris Caye. Our minimum lease on ALL properties is six months.
Conch Shell Inn: All rooms are right on the beach in the heart of San Pedro, so within walking distance to anything and everything!!
Lilí Alphonse has snorkel equipment to fit anyone as well as Marine Park Tickets and flotation devices to assist those not as experienced.
Coastal Xpress offers a daily scheduled ferry run to most resorts, restaurants and private piers on the island of Anbergris Caye. We also offer  private and charter water taxi service.
Mini Chat

Cayo Espanto
Click for Cayo Espanto, and have your own private island
More Links
Click for exciting and adventurous tours of Belize with Katie Valk!
December
S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 97 Guests and 6 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
18,673 Registered Members
44 Forums
64,048 Topics
462,276 Posts

Most users ever online: 1,262 @ 06/10/07 07:16 PM

AmbergrisCaye.com CayeCaulker.org HELP! Visitor Center Goods & Services San Pedro Town
BelizeSearch.com Message Board Lodging Diving Fishing Things to Do History
BelizeNews.com Maps Phonebook Belize Business Directory
BelizeCards.com SanPedroDaily.com Picture of the Day

The opinions and views expressed on this board are the subjective opinions of Ambergris Caye Message Board members
and not of the Ambergris Caye Message Board its affiliates, or its employees.